Beans 6-Pos Problems

RedPowerstroke

Reaction score
Well the chip isn't on the truck now, so I know that's not my problem. Does anybody know where to get the harness that plugs into the ipr? I'm going to try to replace that and see what happens.

Bean

Reaction score
You should be able to get a pig tail from the dealer or if you have the ebpv unplugged you can cut that harness off and use it its the same plug.

I am assuming no CEL is coming on? Have you check fuel pressure in any way? Make sure the fuel pump is even running low fuel pressure can cause a hell of a miss.

RedPowerstroke

Reaction score
I replaced the bad ipr plug today, and there is still no improvement. There are no codes, no check engine light and the truck passed the buzz test and cylinder contribution test. Icp duty cycle is 21-23 at idle, psi is jumping all over the place between 200-1000.

Reaction score
I replaced the bad ipr plug today, and there is still no improvement. There are no codes, no check engine light and the truck passed the buzz test and cylinder contribution test. Icp duty cycle is 21-23 at idle, psi is jumping all over the place between 200-1000.

You have a serious hpo problem. That kind of duty cycle at idle indicates a severe leak or a bad pump. You need to figure out whats wrong with your high pressure oil system.

RedPowerstroke

Reaction score
Well I hauled the truck to a shop today and believe it or not when I backed it off the trailer it cleared up and started running great. I guess when I changed the ipr and icp I got air in the system somehow??? I still had them go ahead and scan it. It showed one slightly weak injector (#4). I also received my chip back from beans and put it on. I'm still getting a feel for the tunes, I'll report back on how they do. As of right now the only complaint I have is the lope/smoke tune does not lope at all.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Well I hauled the truck to a shop today and believe it or not when I backed it off the trailer it cleared up and started running great. I guess when I changed the ipr and icp I got air in the system somehow??? I still had them go ahead and scan it. It showed one slightly weak injector (#4). I also received my chip back from beans and put it on. I'm still getting a feel for the tunes, I'll report back on how they do. As of right now the only complaint I have is the lope/smoke tune does not lope at all.

You have HPO issues.

Bean

Reaction score
Most of the time when the lope doesnt work its because of a weak pump or something wrong in the hpo system. Lope tunes work the best with an aftermarket pump that we know will consistently work.

RedPowerstroke

Reaction score
This truck has a new SRP1.1, so I really doubt I'm having pump issues. I guess anything is possible though.

RedPowerstroke

Reaction score
Well the truck died on me tonight at a very bad time, I almost plowed through a line of cars at a red light. I'm having it towed back to the shop tomorrow, hopefully they will be able to figure out what has been going on with it.

Arisley

Reaction score
Just thought about this, I was having issues with my truck mysteriously dying on me. Try everything, nothing would help. I was getting no power to the PCM. Then it would just fire up and run fine again. Repeat when ever it felt like it.

I replaced the PCM relay, thought that fixed it. Nope about a month later it did it again. I removed the fuse box under the hood, pulled evey fuse and relay. Cleaned every contack with emery cloth and contact cleaner, put all new fuses and relays in it. Not sure if it fixed it, but I have had no problem in two years since than.

RedPowerstroke

Reaction score
I've been a little slack on posting but I figured I would give an update. I sent the SRP1.1 back to be fixed, I narrowed part of my problems down to the pump being bad. In addition, I was sent at least one wrong tune, they did not send me the lope tune which explains why it wasn't working.

RedPowerstroke

Reaction score
To make a long story short... It may have to get ugly for me to get my pump back, Stealth has promised 3 times now that the pump has shipped out, but I still haven't gotten anything. I have been waiting on it for two weeks, when it was suppose to be a 2-3 day repair job.

Latest posts

Members online