Beans modded H2e...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Qssb is a very sweet turbo. I am sure Jacob can tell us how it compares to the H2e, I dont know what the air movement is on them...

ford_trck

Reaction score
Thats what I keep hearing. I've been thinking of changing my setup to a QSSB but with a baby girl due in November things just aren't working out right now.:mad:

jkidd_39

Reaction score
The Modded H2 has been the best all round PSD turbo we have ever done. No other drop in or s400 base we have found will have the response and air flow both like the Modded H2. It is also very sturdy, I dont think we have ever had anyone tear one up.

The Stock 62mm H2 is a decent turbo, better then stock for sure but can be out done by a 38R or a D66. But the 66mm Modded H2 is way better then a stock H2 and will outflow a 38r as well.

Wouldn't a s400 based turbo just expand your turbo options? I've been looking for a good base turbo to expand on.. (66/74/14) The billet wheel options would be something to consider IMHO

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I am going with a S466 for exactly this reason. Turbo and up pipes cost me about the same as a drop in turbo. If you add the bellowed up-pipes to the drop in price it will cost more.

Hope to have it all together sometime in the next few weeks. Will be posting pics and results when I get it all done.

Homesteader

Reaction score
How much hp is the modded H2e good for? Is there different levels of the modded H2e?

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
How much hp is the modded H2e good for? Is there different levels of the modded H2e?

There is a 66mm and a 71mm. I was gonna have my stock H2E modded to a 71mm by hypermax. I bought my S471 for the same price as Hypermax wanted to mod it.

I believe a stock H2E will do a healthy 450-475 and a HOT 500
66mm H2E should be a stout 525-550, and the 71mm 550-600ish

Personally I would go with a T4 mount, allows you much more options down the road over the T4i.

Homesteader

Reaction score
There is a 66mm and a 71mm. I was gonna have my stock H2E modded to a 71mm by hypermax. I bought my S471 for the same price as Hypermax wanted to mod it.

Personally I would go with a T4 mount, allows you much more options down the road over the T4i.

So the s471 is the equivalant to the H2e 71mm but the s471 can be had for less. Can either of those turbo's run a precision wheel?

CSIPSD

Reaction score

You do understand you can run a T4 on a T4i and vise versa...

There are TONS of turbos that fit a T4i as well...

jkidd_39

Reaction score
So the s471 is the equivalant to the H2e 71mm but the s471 can be had for less. Can either of those turbo's run a precision wheel?

I don't know about the h2e wheel selection. But an S400 series charger would give you a lot of wheel options from shops like ED, precision, bullseye, ect. As well as tons of exhaust wheel and housing options. Basically you could use the trickle down effect of cummins performance and have access to there massive wheel selection. And the batmowheel haha.

Joe is right. The t4i mount can be easily modified for a t4 charger. I hope the average 7.3 guy can wrap his head around a non drop in option. Would give us so many more turbos to choose from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while pulling a 36ft gooseneck and not paying attention to the road.

Arisley

Reaction score
I have an early 99. A hypermax kit and an H2E was less expensive than a 38R would have been. And way mo better. My stock H2E dyno'd at 470 with fueling issues on the top end.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
You do understand you can run a T4 on a T4i and vise versa...

There are TONS of turbos that fit a T4i as well...

I beg to differ.

My s471 was bought with that thought. Theres a reason I switched to a T4 mount from Jake !

A T4i mounts way lower in the valley then t4. Hence why the exhaust housing is half the length on the T4, maybe with a smaller turbo but my large frame S400 hit the head and made it sit cock-eyed. That and the bolts dont line up (I know its minor but still)

In my opinion they do not interchange without some work.

And homesteader Im not sure what the H2E 71mm runs on the exhaust side. But I believe precision makes a billet wheel for my turbo (S471sx). not sure on the H2E

Homesteader

Reaction score
I beg to differ.

My s471 was bought with that thought. Theres a reason I switched to a T4 mount from Jake !

A T4i mounts way lower in the valley then t4. Hence why the exhaust housing is half the length on the T4, maybe with a smaller turbo but my large frame S400 hit the head and made it sit cock-eyed. That and the bolts dont line up (I know its minor but still)

In my opinion they do not interchange without some work.

And homesteader Im not sure what the H2E 71mm runs on the exhaust side. But I believe precision makes a billet wheel for my turbo (S471sx). not sure on the H2E

Diesel Boy, the s471sx was one of the turbos mentioned by Jake by BDP. But still trying to decide which one I will go with.

Did you say your s471sx hit the upper cowl with the T4 mount?

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Diesel Boy, the s471sx was one of the turbos mentioned by Jake by BDP. But still trying to decide which one I will go with.

Did you say your s471sx hit the upper cowl with the T4 mount?
No, still has plenty of room.

When I originally bought the turbo I had a hypermax kit that was T4i. I found out quickly that my T4 turbo DID NOT mount up to it at all or anywhere near. The comp housing hit the head because the Turbo sat so low in the valley on account that the T4i has a longer exhaust housing. Im sure there are ways to actually modify it to work, but for the effort seeing the motor was on the stand I scraped the whole T4i mount and ordered Jakes kit, by doing that it bolted up with NO issues.

His kit also uses bellowed uppipes and not the cheap POS donuts found on the hypermax kit.

Latest posts

Members online