been thinking about compounds, have ??s

Addicted4

Reaction score
Why have compounds if you can't utilize having the power down low and torque that's comes up super quick? That's why big laggy singles keep motors from blowing up as they don't make that off idle down low grunt as a compound setup would.

I have a different idea on compounds as I'm not chasing a hp goal but ultimate driveability

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
You are missing the point with compounds.. that is why you use a SMALL turbo that starts to spool sooner Like a S366 with a small A/R housing 90 A/R or smaller. Set up right it should start to spool around 1300 rpms or lower!!! Then you have the bigger charger that starts to come in strong around 2000 rpms to 2500 rpms..

Think on this a bit Lets say @ 1800 RPMs with a lot of throttle input you can see 15 to 20 PSI out of the small turbo and just 2 psi out of the large charger you will have 30 to 35 PSI @ the intake manifold... That is enough air to tear a stock 7.3L apart if you have teh fuel to go with it....

Later I will PM you some more information to look at and think about..

SDstroker

Reaction score
I cant add anything constructive in the sense of compounds, but I have no problem with my gtx4294r with 300/200's and towing anywhere. Simple, clean and only 1 turbo to worry about.

BigRed97

Reaction score
As of right now my power goals are 650-675

As far as Max boost...what ever number will get there and be clean

Addicted4

Reaction score
What are you going to do for a engine? Copy Charles setup it's proven mid to high 600's

BigRed97

Reaction score
Another question on waste gates.

Would I use 2 of the same size or size them individually to each turbo?

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
For what turbo?? (high boost or Atmosphere) And then that all depends on the turbo you go with and what size the Exhaust wheel is.... And what your goals for pickup use is.. Looking for a daily driver. with some towing right?? Do you do a lot of town driving??

About 650 HP
55 to 65 PSI should be good for you.. No need really for more then 55 to 60. If yo uhave the right atmosphere turbo.. any more boost just mean more heat the IC as to deal with.

BigRed97

Reaction score
For what turbo?? (high boost or Atmosphere) And then that all depends on the turbo you go with and what size the Exhaust wheel is.... And what your goals for pickup use is.. Looking for a daily driver. with some towing right?? Do you do a lot of town driving??
About 650 HP
55 to 65 PSI should be good for you.. No need really for more then 55 to 60. If yo uhave the right atmosphere turbo.. any more boost just mean more heat the IC as to deal with.

exactly, occasional towing, mostly town/city driving

housing question was directed toward the atomsphere turbo, say with a gt4718

the housing on my s366 is pretty tight now(cant remember the AR off the top of my head but it lites around 1400rpm)

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
exactly, occasional towing, mostly town/city driving

housing question was directed toward the atomsphere turbo, say with a gt4718

the housing on my s366 is pretty tight now(cant remember the AR off the top of my head but it lites around 1400rpm)

With a I GT4718 I would start with the 1.23 A/R exhaust housing.. Should be responsive. But depends on what you shoot for later you might need to jump up to a 1.39 A/R.. If you wanted you could test the 1.08 a/r housing.. But would be to tight for the upper RPMs.. All in all i would start out with the 1.23 then go from there.. All though the towing side says 1.08 A/R

I will look into the maps more and get back with you here..

I bet your S366 has the .91 A/R exhaust housing. I have the .90A/R on my HX55, I see boost at 1200 RPMs like 1 to 2 PSI. By 1400 I have almost 5 PSI

Latest posts

Members online