bellowed uppipes

johndeerezach

Reaction score
so i just purchased a set of bellowed uppipes from riff raff. the international ones, does anybody have experence installing these uppipes or any good tricks. im taking off turbo, and ic tubes. reason im getting these is i have a serious leak some where in the current stockers and cant find it. thanks guys

David N

Reaction score
They suck. LOL

In all seriousness, just be ready to work with your hands blindly. And climb on and off the motor about 3 million times. Oh, and spray all the bolts, clamps, and connections with your choice of penetrating spray. You will thank yourself later. The rest is pretty self explanatory.

neverkickn

Reaction score
I had trouble getting everything lined up just right. I had almost a 1/4" gap between the uppie flange and the exhaust manifold on each side.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
its not really that hard, first before you even start taking the ic tubes off, spray all bolts and clamps with penetrating oil, then again after you get the ic tubes off... remove the turbo, and will be a lot easier with the down pipe out, then take the manifold to up pipe bolts off... more then likely they will break off but thats fine. you dont need to take the bolts out of the up pipe to turbo flange, just rotate them around and they should pull out as one piece...

with the international pipes on the bench put them together as tight as you can... i used a 1/4'' drive ratchet and tightened it as tight as i could then used a breaker bar and took it another 1/4 turn... prolly way to tight and i don't know tq spec... but you can then rotate it down in the truck easier that way. put the bolts in the manifold to up pipe loosely.. put turbo in the truck and clamp it to the flange with the v band clamp then tighten the bolts to to turbo... after that is done tighten the manifold to up pipe bolts as tight as you can with out breaking them... re install everything else.. drive for a while to get it good and hot and check for leaks... i did it this way and never had a problem so far... good luck.

clays kit comes with instructions but i found it easier this way.

David N

Reaction score
Oh, and if you still have the factory bolts on the manifold ends, save yourself the trouble and just cut them out. Rather than screw with them trying to get them broke loose, you will save time and a headache if you just cut them out to begin with.

johndeerezach

Reaction score
its not really that hard, first before you even start taking the ic tubes off, spray all bolts and clamps with penetrating oil, then again after you get the ic tubes off... remove the turbo, and will be a lot easier with the down pipe out, then take the manifold to up pipe bolts off... more then likely they will break off but thats fine. you dont need to take the bolts out of the up pipe to turbo flange, just rotate them around and they should pull out as one piece...

with the international pipes on the bench put them together as tight as you can... i used a 1/4'' drive ratchet and tightened it as tight as i could then used a breaker bar and took it another 1/4 turn... prolly way to tight and i don't know tq spec... but you can then rotate it down in the truck easier that way. put the bolts in the manifold to up pipe loosely.. put turbo in the truck and clamp it to the flange with the v band clamp then tighten the bolts to to turbo... after that is done tighten the manifold to up pipe bolts as tight as you can with out breaking them... re install everything else.. drive for a while to get it good and hot and check for leaks... i did it this way and never had a problem so far... good luck.

clays kit comes with instructions but i found it easier this way.

yea i had the turbo out about two months ago. i think i messed up that clamp so i got a new one comin as well. i will have my buddy help me if hes not busy, so it shouldnt go to bad i will start to spray the bolts. thank you for the insight

Stroked

Reaction score
dont try to cut those bolts that go from the uppipes to the manifolds, thats gonna be a pain. my trick is just tighten them, ive never had a set that didnt break from over tightening

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
dont try to cut those bolts that go from the uppipes to the manifolds, thats gonna be a pain. my trick is just tighten them, ive never had a set that didnt break from over tightening

:whs:eek:r just take back them out if they break they break... not gonna re use them any way.. clays kit comes with new ones.

johndeerezach

Reaction score
ok i am confused by when you say break off? like the bolt head breaks clean off the thread or what are you refering to

johndeerezach

Reaction score
ok im just trying to get my plan of attack all ready so I can swap them out as soon as they arrive in the mail. thanks for all the input everybody

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
im not saying, Im just saying...

photobucket-5081-1317258037670.jpg

Latest posts

Members online