bellowed uppipes

rascal

Reaction score
im not saying, Im just saying...

photobucket-5081-1317258037670.jpg

WHere did you get those?

johndeerezach

Reaction score
ok good because i got one nut off and rounded one other nut cant really get to the bolt heads with my big rachet and breaker bar. so im going to try cutting either right in the middle or just cut off one side pry right in the middle tho. cuz these suck big time.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
ok just making sure. like i said before i soaked everything in penetrating oil before i even started.. most start a day or two beforehand. i use schaeffers, hands down the best ive used. give it a half hour on just about anything and it will break free.. but yes just cut them and drive them out with a punch...

live life full throttle

johndeerezach

Reaction score
Ok cut them off now i realized i cut in to the manifold a little with the saw blade will a weld on the inside with a mig hold that or do i have get new manifold?

johndeerezach

Reaction score
Yes i did i was npt paying attention were the blade was. So its a sawzall blade wide. Is that something that can be welded?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
definitely not with a mig! can try with some nickel rod and arc welder but it would more then likely crack all to hell... better off just buying a new manifold!

live life full throttle

johndeerezach

Reaction score
im going to call the junk yard today and see what i can find. the drivers looks like i should have plenty of room to change it out.

johndeerezach

Reaction score
well after a couple weeks of late nights working on these i finally got them installed. some of those bolts are a B. had to drill and tap 3 but other than that broke the heads off and used a stud puller on the rest. after that everything went smooth. these are a great set of up pipes i have no leaks as of now everything to seems sealed up nice.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Oh, I bet you had a good old time.getting that friggin manifold swapped. Those.studs are a bitsh! Ez out is you friend.there isnt it?

greyford1979

Reaction score
I really enjoy not hearing the annoying leaks any more with the new up pipes, and can actually hear the turbo now. For me taking the old ones off went smooth and quick, Texas truck with like new bolts. The rear turbo clamp was a pain though cuz it was warped and I ended up snapping it...had to get a new one:pointlaugh: Enjoy em, I know I do.

Latest posts

Members online