Belt driven air compressor

TERRCO

Reaction score
Check Kilby part number 061-004. It is a pulley that goes on the alternator for a second belt to drive a compressor. I think the website was onboardair.com. Let me know if this will fit your truck because it would not fit mine. It's sitting on my desk. For like 5 years now I think.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I ordered the compressor from Riff Raff this morning. Should be here sometime next week.

I will let you guys know how it works once I get it mounted on the truck.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I have a bracket that I made up years ago for a different truck to hold a hyd pump. I am going to modify that bracket. Compressor will be mounted on the driver side of the alternator.

At least that is the plan. As long as the compressor is the size the web page said, it should fit.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Compressor showed up earlier this week. Didn't get any pictures of it before the install but here is a few with it all mounted up and a belt on it. Let the truck run for a few mins and the belt didn't walk anything.

Still have to plumb the discharge and suction line. Will work on that more next week. Also will need to make my own intake.

Stock one will not fit as it occupies the same space as the compressor.

2013-01-25_14-28-37_878.jpg

2013-01-25_14-28-24_800.jpg

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Everything is factory except intake, and the bracket that holds the Alt/PS/compressor obviously.

The belt is even the factory one for the ambulance package.

Jake

Reaction score
Is that a sanden compressor? Does it need oil in the intake?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
35 gallon tank in the bed. I can run a 1 inch impact off it. I have to pause to let the compressor catch up every once in awhile. But works great for what I need it for. I would not recommend it for a heavy duty cycle job like a tire service truck, but for my service truck it is much better than the gas engine compressor that I had before.

Reaction score
35 gallon tank in the bed. I can run a 1 inch impact off it. I have to pause to let the compressor catch up every once in awhile. But works great for what I need it for. I would not recommend it for a heavy duty cycle job like a tire service truck, but for my service truck it is much better than the gas engine compressor that I had before.

Sounds like it will work for mine too. It will only ever be used at the track to air up tires and run an air ratchet, 1/2" impact, and maybe a die grinder. I'll see how big of tanks I can fit under the truck.

Beans71086

Reaction score
Robert, If your looking for a compressor that packs a lil more punch you should talk to Marty. He has one of our old 6.0 work trucks with a vmac compressor mounted on it. He got a good deal on it, has oil pressure issues.

gansett7three

Reaction score
Saw your posts about the belt driven air compressor you did on your rig. Very interested in doing one and would like some more info on it. Where did you find that compressor? Couldn't find it on riff raffs site. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
Ryan

Latest posts

Members online