belt driven hpop

under pressure

Reaction score
I'm just wondering why we haven't seen a real hpop on a drive bracket like an accessory.
The potential would be unlimited !

under pressure

Reaction score
Options ? Not really
Imagine a pump that just needed a smaller drive pully to increase pressure and volume.
Seems as much R&D that's been done to try and reinvent the stock pump, these pumps have been around for a very long time.
Bracket
Connections
Pullies
Belt
Hoses
...and a block off plate for the valley
a little ingenuity and we'd have a pump that's easy to service, easy to upgrade.
Stupid just isn't in my vocabulary.....

I think it would be a great option IMO.

Last edited:

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
How you going to get the oil to the pump? Where are you going to get the oil from? Why belt drive something when it's already gear driven???? Pointless.

Fordguy100

Reaction score
Gear driven, sure. But going to belt driven (along with deleting the regular HPOP) seems like a step backwards except for the easy serviceability of it.

Petro

Reaction score
Or Instead of a Belt Driven HPOP, you could just do the simple job of converting it to common rail and get rid of the HPOP all together.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Or Instead of a Belt Driven HPOP, you could just do the simple job of converting it to common rail and get rid of the HPOP all together.

That might be my next step. I'm gonna run my hybrids, my srp1.1 and start piecing together parts for a longblock with billet rods and bedplate. Then start studying.

under pressure

Reaction score
How you going to get the oil to the pump? Where are you going to get the oil from? Why belt drive something when it's already gear driven???? Pointless.

A little ingunity my friend.

Belt drive on a blower or Harley pointless. The valley gear driven pump was some ones good idea in the 70s..... Since the gear was there in the IDI, was just easier to leave the design and work from there.

Either way, I'd be interested.

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
If you really want to do it get the stye pump that's on a gen3 and build a bracket and run it off a belt. Like warren has for the 6.0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZhDx6URtsI
you would need to build a ipr block or keep the stock pump and feed into it like a gen3. Looks like he just pulls oil from the pan and lets the pump suck it up.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online