best bang for the buck gauges?

Pstroke96

Reaction score
the price of the ev1's isnt unreasonable but depending on the cost difference i might just go with the ev2's the simpler installation is a big plus im not an electrical engineer by any stretch.
now how is everybody running the wires from the gauges, out of the cab to where they need to go?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
the price of the ev1's isnt unreasonable but depending on the cost difference i might just go with the ev2's the simpler installation is a big plus im not an electrical engineer by any stretch.
now how is everybody running the wires from the gauges, out of the cab to where they need to go?

I just rewired an OBS two weekends ago when I was home. Best and easiest spot I found without drilling a new hole is to cut a small slit in the steering wheel boot and run it thru there.

Denver

Reaction score
I ran the pyro threw the gromet under the throttle pedal and I ran the boost line threw the firewall cover above the throttle.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Say what you will about Glow Shift, but I like my GS fuel pressure gauge. The price was great and I've dealt with GS's customer department before (gauges in my SS camaro), and they were great. Sent me new gauges without any argument at all. No charges, even on shipping. I had two gauges and only one went bad, but they went ahead and sent me both new gauges. Got rid of the other gauge with the car, still in the box.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I understand where everybody is coming form with Glowshift. They are definately not something you would want in your show truck. But when it comes to prices and accuracy, their dead on. I only had one problem where my ECT sending unit was bad. I contacted them and had a new one in m mailbox 3 days later. I see them as a stepping stone to get you by until you have the spare change for something bigger and better... Right now, I see them as one of the last things I'll upgrade...

GLowshift008.jpg

glowshift2002.jpg

chappy

Reaction score
I loved my glowshifts. My autometers were complete crap and no where near the quality of my glowshifts. For the price,you can't beat glowshifts.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Have you thought about doing a digital gauge display like a Edge CS or CTS, your going to spend about the same but it would give you more option on what to monitor and can always be changed to fit your needs. You can also do different backgrounds on the CTS display.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Have you thought about doing a digital gauge display like a Edge CS or CTS, your going to spend about the same but it would give you more option on what to monitor and can always be changed to fit your needs. You can also do different backgrounds on the CTS display.

But that's not inexpensive, nor accurate in my findings....

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
But that's not inexpensive, nor accurate in my findings....

Your going to spend around the same for a good set of gauges and a pod, plus the install on analog gauges is more involved, the CS or CTS is just plug and play. The accuracy is only as accurate as your stock sensors they read from.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Your going to spend around the same for a good set of gauges and a pod, plus the install on analog gauges is more involved, the CS or CTS is just plug and play. The accuracy is only as accurate as your stock sensors they read from.

Well if a 7.3 stops reading boost at 22lbs. That doesn't do toy any good....

Pstroke96

Reaction score
im currently stock as a rock minus exhaust and intake. i dont plan on any high hp modifications any time soon but i plan on doing a chip for a little more go as soon as funds allow but i want to get the gauges beforehand. so i can get a baseline of where my truck likes to run stock

Last edited:

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
im currently stock as a rock minus exhaust and intake. i plan on doing a chip as soon as funds allow but i want to get the gauges beforehand.

Bummer.get some analog gauges then Get some stage ones and tunes all at the same time lol

Pstroke96

Reaction score
i decided on the ev1's seems like they are what i want. they are a little more than i originally thought of spending but its cheaper to buy the right thing once

Pstroke96

Reaction score
thats the plan, i was telling my dad about it and he pitched offered to pitch in a nice amount, so im gonna get the ev2's instead. soon as cary gets back to me ill be ordering,

is there anywhere to put the trans temp sensor in without dropping, then drilling and tapping the pan?

go figure i start out by asking what gauges i can get for cheap and i end up getting some off the top shelf LOL

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online