Best bang for the buck traction bars?

chaselee

Reaction score
ok, that's good to know. Also when you install these things. Are you supposed to do it with the suspension sagging so when its lowered the bars are "loaded"? Or do you just leave it on the ground, swing them up into place and weld/bolt them on and your done.

PABowhunter

Reaction score
Depends on whose product you buy. My customers (OUO) keep coming back and telling me how much more refined and confident their trucks feel going down the road, but that ride quality is the same or better.

How does cab configuration and bed length play into noticed difference?

c63 AMG

Reaction score
So when drilling into the frame for the pmf bars the tank needs to be removed ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would like to know this also. Hope not though sound alike a pain in the ass.

Big Bad 6.4

Reaction score
Check out Flight Fabrication. Miles is a real good guy and he makes a really good product. Also the best price IMO

gnxtc2

Reaction score
ok, that's good to know. Also when you install these things. Are you supposed to do it with the suspension sagging so when its lowered the bars are "loaded"? Or do you just leave it on the ground, swing them up into place and weld/bolt them on and your done.

At ride height/on the ground as if you're driving down the road.

Billy T.
[email protected]

300000 and counting

Reaction score
Would like to know this also. Hope not though sound alike a pain in the ass.

I have PMF bars my tank wasn't in the way on my SCLB, it doesn't matter if you have pmf bars or ouo bars, the way they bolt onto the truck are basically the exact same.

300000 and counting

Reaction score
Quick google search
PMF
E824A54D-E99C-4CF9-ACEB-ABE98CCC6E93_zpsh5p53e85.jpg

OUO
40B76655-A210-45F9-81D0-A2D6CD6A036A_zps84oputls.jpg

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I have PMF bars my tank wasn't in the way on my SCLB, it doesn't matter if you have pmf bars or ouo bars, the way they bolt onto the truck are basically the exact same.

That is pretty far from the truth. Actually.

Nothing about those two products are the same actually, and the way our bar mounts to the pivot mount has more clearance for installation in tight spaces for what it's worth.

And just a heads up, I'm not starting anything, just clarifying a valid point

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Ok, so no loading or tightening them down (if adjustable) necessary?

On ours you set the truck at ride height as you use it every day, torque the front section to desired spec, then drill at the coupler and install the crush sleeve and hardware, and you're done. Very smooth and well explained in our instructions ✔️

300000 and counting

Reaction score

Nothing about those two products are the same actually, and the way our bar mounts to the pivot mount has more clearance for installation in tight spaces for what it's worth.

I meant they both bolt to the side of the frame and to the bottom of the frame, I wasn't talking design wise, obviously they are completely different.

Jomax

Reaction score
On ours you set the truck at ride height as you use it every day, torque the front section to desired spec, then drill at the coupler and install the crush sleeve and hardware, and you're done. Very smooth and well explained in our instructions ✔️

If one was to lift the truck later, can you still use the same bars and just drill a new hole?

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
It's really not bad at all, a good drill and good drill bits for steel and it's a piece of cake.

Keith

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Quick google search
PMF
E824A54D-E99C-4CF9-ACEB-ABE98CCC6E93_zpsh5p53e85.jpg

OUO
40B76655-A210-45F9-81D0-A2D6CD6A036A_zps84oputls.jpg

He said the way the BOLT the frame and yes, it's quite similar. The both use a bracket that bolts in from the side and the bottom. You're drilling holes no matter which kit you buy.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
He said the way the BOLT the frame and yes, it's quite similar. The both use a bracket that bolts in from the side and the bottom. You're drilling holes no matter which kit you buy.

I actually still disagree.

We've been talking in terms of clearance correct? People talking about mounting with Titan tanks, etc.

When you are mounting the bars to the frame mount, ours goes front to back. The other, side to side.

That being said, when mounting next to a fuel tank, skid plate, or crossmember, our bars install easier than anything else because you don't have to fight a cross bolt that can potentially back up to something.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
If one was to lift the truck later, can you still use the same bars and just drill a new hole?

Precisely, I always rotate the bar 90* and redrill. If you do it enough times and are worried about seeing holes, we sell front sections for 114.00

m_j

Reaction score

easy enough to buy a length of tubing and leave the mounts where they are on the frame.
but I have tools to make these simple bars so I see it differently

Layson

Reaction score
I installed a set of OUO bars on my Fathers truck. They don't affect how the truck rides. That is why there are front and rear bushings in the front frame mount.

His is stock height.

photo2_zpsd247a242.jpg

photo_zpsb821aaca.jpg

photo4_zps2d123c03.jpg

photo_zps5d449040.jpg

photo5_zps35f19a27.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.