Best Dual Shock Setup

WHYUMAD

Reaction score
All I've found is the dual shock setups for BDS & ProComp. Are there any other one's for the 6.7's out there? I like ProComps due to its symmetry, but it doesn't come in a kit. BDS includes theirs in a kit. Also what shocks to go with? Fox 2.0 or what? Every company seems to have their own shock (BDS, procomp, etc.).

redwhitenblue

Reaction score
I saw one guy at the track with a cclb with dual bilsteins and stock or near stock height but I haven't seen it for sale. That is definitely something I'd buy if I find it.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
I run the BDS Kit with the BDS shocks. Haven't had any issues yet and it looks great. My truck gets taken off road at high speeds quite often and the shocks are holding up. Not impressed with the Fox shocks these days. Heard through the grape vine that they have changed manufacturing facilities and are running into a lot of leaking issues now. I had a fox shock start leaking on me and went to trade it in for warranty and they said you have to buy one up front, they take the old one and sent it to fox and will either approve or deny your warranty due to such a high volume of warranty returns. Mind ya I'm sure there were a lot of warranty returns that were the owners fault but this is where they are at now...

WHYUMAD

Reaction score
I run the BDS Kit with the BDS shocks. Haven't had any issues yet and it looks great. My truck gets taken off road at high speeds quite often and the shocks are holding up. Not impressed with the Fox shocks these days. Heard through the grape vine that they have changed manufacturing facilities and are running into a lot of leaking issues now. I had a fox shock start leaking on me and went to trade it in for warranty and they said you have to buy one up front, they take the old one and sent it to fox and will either approve or deny your warranty due to such a high volume of warranty returns. Mind ya I'm sure there were a lot of warranty returns that were the owners fault but this is where they are at now...
The BDS looks solid, I just favor the ProComp due to it having shocks on both sides of the spring, rather than how BDS has them next to each other. The procomp looks better when it comes to aesthetics. I don't mind mixing & matching kits. I really like the BDS kit. I was looking at either Fox,2.0 shocks or Bilstein 5160 shocks. Either way, I'm taking the logos off of them, so I don't care who makes it as long as it's a reliable shock. Also, I'm running this on a daily driver, so it'd be purely for looks and comfort.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.