Best engine oil

powerstroke6.4L

Reaction score
I am doing a full performance rebuild on my motor and wanna run the best oil. So can somebody give me some insist on the best engine oil to run and weather or not too use full synthetic or not

tbsimmons

Reaction score
If you are going to change it a lot I dont see the benefit of a full synthetic. Todays oil is much different from the past. Stick with any of the majors and you will be fine. Even Carquest brand is made by Valvoline.
I like Delo 15/40 in the diesel and run T6 5/40 Synthetic in everything else including the motorcycles and quads.

ditch_dawg

Reaction score
Another vote for Schaeffers full synthetic. However, I only run it for easier starting in the winter. Plus, I have a Schaeffers dealer that lives a couple of miles from my house. If I lived in the southern states I would probably just run Rotella or Delo.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
I was running amsoil 15w40 hd syn and liked it, but have not data on it or any others to back up it being the best. I too am doing a build here soon and my best advice would be to get intouch with Jimdawg185. I have read alot of his posts and he seems like a good guy, I know I'm really interested in running all his products. When I get to that point of needing oil I will be calling to speak with him and feel confident I will be running his oils and additives in my entire rig.
Other wise if your looking for an off the shelf oil, iv read nothing but good things about Schaffers oil.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Schaf isn't a bad oil at all. My grease and gear lubes drag their ass though. I have a few posts on here about 8854, I beat the living **** out of it, and Whatever witchcraft they be doin down in Kansas is working. The thing with engine oils is the good ones don't show how good they are until either your engine has a real bad day like mine did, or you run it to 20-30k miles. Then the differences show. Most CJ4 oils are pretty decent if you change them in concert to their quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online