best exhuast for the buck

89 Stroker

Reaction score
what would you guys recommend as to make the truck sound better/more turbo whistle when it comes to a 97??

what size downpipes and such

96F350KID

Reaction score
All exhaust companies offer just about the same thing. For the best bang for your buck we use Diamond Eye here for the OBS trucks and Flo-Pro for everything else! We just like the way the Diamond Eye kits sit in the truck. I do have 2 in stock if you'd like just shoot me a PM. All aftermarket kits come with 2 piece 3" down-pipes and you can get them with or without muffler in 4" or 5". 5" is going to be your loudest where as 4" will be more for "whistle" then grown IMOP. For some reason we've noticed the 4" has a bit more resignation in the cab without a muffler then 5". It just depends on how loud you want it! YouTube has some great sound clips to compare each size. The OBS turbine wheel has the most "whistle" of all of the turbos offered on the stock 7.3. As a matter of fact its the same turbine wheel used on the Powermax turbo for the Super Duties! Let me know if I can be some help!

'94IDITurbo7.3

Reaction score
i am happy with the final fit of my diamond eye kit. it was a pain to put on, but that was probly b/c it was the first every exhaust i have done and i had to mod the down pipe to work with my IDI so that might have thrown off the rest of the piping, but at the end of the day i am very happy with it. I like that the tail pipe is very adjustable so you can dial in the exit angle/location that you wan't.

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
I have the 5" diamond eye on my pickup. It wasn't too bad to install and I got it on sale for a good price.

I've had expandit exhaust on previous trucks and it fit great and was considerably cheaper than the other brands, but they didn't offer a 5" OBS exhaust and the diamond eye on sale was the same price as the expandit 4"

89 Stroker

Reaction score
im interested in being able to hear the whistle a little bit more as well as a better sound, only thing on it now its a mayflower muffler??

don't want it to sound too loud as well as idiotic like some i have heard

always-strokin

Reaction score

Binder man

Reaction score
I prefer MBRP. I think the fit is 10x better than any other exhaust. I actually have them on sale this month.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with the FTE single kit and a 6/7" single stack? Might pick up a 95 ECLB dually 5 speed and flatbed and was looking to go that route if it all happens

Binder man

Reaction score
Never used that kit. I know there is a pretty good deal on some universal stack kits right now though.

01PSD

Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with the FTE single kit and a 6/7" single stack? Might pick up a 95 ECLB dually 5 speed and flatbed and was looking to go that route if it all happens

Complete Performance pimps the FTE kits I believe, used that setup on my bro's 6.0 and it's a really nice setup.

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
I had an MBRP aluminized, cost me 450 and fit like complete crap.

I bought a Flo-Pro Stainless, cost me 320 and fit PERFECT (part # SS821)

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
we use diamond eye on everything and the only issue we had was on the 6.0's since there isn't a whole lot of room for the trans cooler line

pennsylvaniaboy

Reaction score
can you get just the 4" aluminized over the axle and tail pipe portion....I am considering ditching my before the tire exhaust exit.

Latest posts

Members online