Best Fuel Additive for the 6.7 ?!?!?!

1stock13

Reaction score
Looking to start using a fuel additive. Cetane rating here in NC is 40 and I feel that I need more lubrication properties. I'm deeleeetteeddd. Who's doing what?

Also I'm only running off road diesel so will that be a factor.....that's a joke btw.

1stock13

Reaction score
LE Full Torque here

I've seen the name around a lot. I've seen the FPPF 8+ cetane increase stuff, but I've heard mixed reviews about it and I'm terrified of doing any sort of damage to my engine.

Notneb

Reaction score
Well since every topic has technically been covered on this website might as well shut down any further questions or postings and direct everyone to the search function.

If you shut down the website... how are we supposed to use the search function?!

TyCorr

Reaction score
Use the ford shti....the mobil oil salesman here dumps it in a plain jug and puts it in his dmax. The cetane improver and the antigel.

Most of it is bs anyway other than keeping your fuel from forming wax crystals which your fuel supplier should handle.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Use the ford shti....the mobil oil salesman here dumps it in a plain jug and puts it in his dmax. The cetane improver and the antigel.

Most of it is bs anyway other than keeping your fuel from forming wax crystals which your fuel supplier should handle.

Notneb

Reaction score

Only thing I care about is lubricity seeing as ULSD is drier than a nun's nasty, and really anything on the market right now will cover you on that end. I used to just run the Ford cetane boost/anti gel up north, but now that I'm in the desert I just run a lubricant.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Lubrication engineering full torque. Get ahold of jimdog185 he will hook you up!
this x 1000
Howe's has been quite impressive for me. Wal-Mart in my area has been carrying it lately.
howes does absolutely nothing for cetane boosting.. its good stuff but k100 is good chit and full torque is better then k100..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

TyCorr

Reaction score
Only thing I care about is lubricity seeing as ULSD is drier than a nun's nasty, and really anything on the market right now will cover you on that end. I used to just run the Ford cetane boost/anti gel up north, but now that I'm in the desert I just run a lubricant.

Yea? The ulsd drying out your mechanical injection pump? LOL

Most of the **** will get you 3-6 points. If you have #2 (literally) in the 30s and 40s for cetane ratings some bottle dope will barely do anything. Id be looking for biodiesel in that instance.

1stock13

Reaction score
Picked up a good size container of stanadyne today. Also saw PS grey for a good deal. I'm just seeing if it quiets my truck down or pics up any gas mileage. only getting about 17 average and I baby my truck. Could be BS could be slight solution, only time will tell.

Latest posts

Members online