best head gaskets

Motostroker

Reaction score
I heard diamonds are made by clevite. And OEM is made by clevite on the same line. But different adhesive. Still though, I only use OEM gaskets. It's not worth the risk in my opinion. I've never had a come back with OEM. I have had one with diamonds though......

Customer brought in his own parts he ordered. Consisted of black diamonds.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I heard diamonds are made by clevite. And OEM is made by clevite on the same line. But different adhesive. Still though, I only use OEM gaskets. It's not worth the risk in my opinion. I've never had a come back with OEM. I have had one with diamonds though......

when i was trying to source cheaper materials, i randomly selected 2 trucks to use those gaskets in.

bolth blew the gaskets within the year.

never had a issue with the 300+ oem gasket/stud jobs ive done

Motostroker

Reaction score
when i was trying to source cheaper materials, i randomly selected 2 trucks to use those gaskets in.

bolth blew the gaskets within the year.

never had a issue with the 300+ oem gasket/stud jobs ive done

Exactly. This truck blew the gaskets within one oil change. I think 5-6k miles? The guy is literally 73 years old also. Pulls his outback trailer with it. That's it

speedinpowerstroke

Reaction score
kinda off topic but rather than starting a new trend since i am gonna have the heads off and can pull the motor pretty easy should i re-ring my pistons? and what else should i add while im in there for more reliability?

Motostroker

Reaction score
kinda off topic but rather than starting a new trend since i am gonna have the heads off and can pull the motor pretty easy should i re-ring my pistons? and what else should i add while im in there for more reliability?

How many miles do you have on truck?

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

do you have any reason to consider pulling the bottom end? or are you just "looking for something to do"?

swinky

Reaction score

New lifters and hpop wouldn't hurt if it's got some miles one it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

speedinpowerstroke

Reaction score
never heard of them either.... reason i want to re ring it is cause when i do a first start up of the day i can smell burnt oil and it uses a lil bit maybe a quart every 5000 i have to pull the bottom end to take out the pistons? and it has new injectors in it so i wouldnt think oil is leaking by those and the hpop was installed at 130,000 it now has 149,000...

swinky

Reaction score
never heard of them either.... reason i want to re ring it is cause when i do a first start up of the day i can smell burnt oil and it uses a lil bit maybe a quart every 5000 i have to pull the bottom end to take out the pistons? and it has new injectors in it so i wouldnt think oil is leaking by those and the hpop was installed at 130,000 it now has 149,000...

A brand new one would probably burn a qt in 5k miles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

97strokn&smokn

Reaction score
I ran a couple sets of the old black diamond gaskets 4 of the 5 trucks came back with hg issues I will never use anything but oem on 6.0 or 6.4 when it's your reputation leaving on that truck you want to make sure you use the best products. And I am believer in oem on those trucks.

Sent from my iPhone

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Gotta be honest.. I confused the black diamond gaskets with RCD's platinum gaskets..

IMO the RCD's are the only ones I would trust other then OEM, but I'm sure everyone will tell me I'm wrong.

All these stupid names sound the same.

Latest posts

Members online