Best injectors for excursion

Reaction score
I have 02 excursion looking for best size injector . I have 38r turbo 4 in exhaust and cai and hydra . It is my dd so nothing crazy. Thanks everyone

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

bruce

Reaction score
Get a set of 160/30's and an FRx from riffraff, do your in tank mods and you'll have a nice set up

cbf9703

Reaction score
I run Swamps injectors and tunes in my EX (my DD as well). I'm currently running 175/146s with intake, exhaust, WW, tunes, and an upgraded trans. No complaints rolling around on 35s for the most part as a DD, except the surge, especially when towing the toy hauler.... I haven't wanted to get into bigger turbo and additional upgrades on this motor... I'm sitting north of 400k on the clock. LOL

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Dieselfever

Reaction score
Mine is an 02 and has Swamps 200/30's, Hydra with Swamps tuning, regulated return, 4" exhaust and built trans. I have yet to put my 38R and bellowed uppipes on but I love the set up other than the stock turbo surges in higher settings, which is why I got the drop in.

If you don't plan on going much bigger on power a set of small a code single shots would do you, the only thing a small hybrid has over that is they will use less high pressure oil volume

Last edited:

cleatus12r

Reaction score
If you don't plan on going much bigger on power a set of small a code single shots would do you, the only thing a small hybrid has over that is they will use less high pressure oil volume

If the person doing the tuning has any idea what he's doing, there's no reason to even think about hybrids "using less high pressure oil volume" than a "small set" of a-code singles because it SHOULD be a non-issue.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I am looking to put a set of inj in my Ex as well, but I do not want to have to go to a built transmission. I don't mind going to a billet converter and valve body if I need to but that is as far as I want to have to take transmission modifications.

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
I installed a 38r and 180/100 from full force in a ccsb on 35s. Perfect setup for a dd in my opinion. No surge and the truck pulls hard. Still on stock transmission too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbf9703

Reaction score
I am looking to put a set of inj in my Ex as well, but I do not want to have to go to a built transmission. I don't mind going to a billet converter and valve body if I need to but that is as far as I want to have to take transmission modifications.

I can't see you needing a full built trans for a DD Ex when you put injectors in... I updraged my trans simply because I came across a deal I couldn't pass up and the stock one was getting tired... and adding injectors, tuning, and towing more made it noticeable. My stock trans was by no means gone when it was pulled.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
160/30's and a 38R go really well together. We have a lot of guys running this combo with great results. Should be right around 400HP to the wheels and you can tow just about anything you want.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
I have had 238/80's on my 7.3 for 4 years with a 38R all from riffraff and a Johnwoods valve body on the stock trans of 230,000 miles. I have about 80k on that set up and its driven every day.

CarportMechanic

Reaction score
I just don't want to listen to a 38r all day long. Besides that it sounds good.

FWIW the billet wheels are much quieter than the stock wheel. The 6/6 D66 wheel is a good upgrade over the stock one. Better bottom end, better MPG's as well.

But the KC38R looks pretty nice also. Seems to be a good drop in for even bigger injectors than the GT38R can handle.

rsater1

Reaction score
and COREY at CNCFAB HAS GOT A GREAT DEAL ON THEM AND ALREADY come with a billet wheel !!!!!!

Latest posts

Members online