Best muffler options once EPA goodies are removed?

1stock13

Reaction score
2013 CCSB EPA items are removed, running a 5 inch Flo pro straight pipe, I ran their muffler for a few weeks, but it sounded like an old winded V8 to me. Looking to possibly go back to a muffler, just want something that will keep my truck sounding like a diesel. What are some good options and what are most members running?

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
MagnaFlow here, 2015 model two versions. Single tip with a small resonator, and dual tipped with no resonator. No resonator seems to have more drone, I like the sound overall. I may go back to the single tip with resonator to "listen" with more attention.

Jomax

Reaction score
I have a 17in Resonator and a magnaflow muffler, it's stupid quiet. If you still want a rumble with no drone, just put a resonator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phydough

Reaction score
I have a brand new Donaldson 5" muffler that I am trying to get rid of. Never mounted. I did extensive research and this is what many used to take the 5" noise.

ccmac

Reaction score
I've tried several setups but my favorite sound is still a ****** pipe, no muffler, with the factory resonator and tail pipe. Sounds good, not too loud, and cheap

doo dah

Reaction score
I have a 45" Donaldson in 5" pipe. Truck sounds stock on the inside but somewhere between stock and a flowmaster on the outside. I did it because 700 mile hauls with the loud pipe drove me nuts, couldn't carry a conversation but now quiet and nice inside with lots of turbo whistle on the outside.

Latest posts

Members online