best nozzle for pmrs.

CurtisF

Reaction score
We're on the same page. My pw was under 3ms. The next tune down was void of heat and smoke issues. Well with a new srp1 and 275/200s I should be able to hit 500@ a short pw duration.

Then you might have had a bit of a weak HPOP. I've tuned a truck that had a super weak one, and it was frustrating. 2.2ms and it still couldn't go past 2300 psi of ICP. At 2.8ms it was dropping to 1800 psi. :cursing:

under pressure

Reaction score
With larger nozzles there can be some things you might have to sacrifice. For me, fuel mileage stayed the same, but here's some things to consider:

One for certain is cold start white smoke in the winter. That's just a given. You can reduce it with tuning up to a point, but it's always going to blow more white smoke in the dead of winter on a cold morning than a truck with much smaller nozzles. Not a big deal for me at least, I went from a medium amount of white smoke to a larger amount. Still smells like crap, and still pisses the neighbors off just the same I'm sure. Although it's never once made yellow snow like the stock injectors did. Still trying to figure that one out.

Idle quality is another. It can be a bit tricky getting it to idle smooth as glass. Then you get it smoothed out, a 4 hour road trip returning to idle gets a bit of a chop that comes right back again.

But really the main thing is getting the tuning dialed in to a safe level. It really doesn't take much at all to dump a lot of fuel in a hurry. So pick a good tuner and make sure you let them know exactly what you are trying to accomplish.

That being said, there is no guarantee that something won't break. They are PMR's after all.

thanks, plannin on callin Johnathan to discuss the 100/200 nozzle tuning.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.