Best quality leather. Ford, Chevy and Dodge

g2outfitter

Reaction score
Who's leather interior withstands these heavy duty trucks. Ford, Chevy or Ford. I am going to buy some Black leather interior for my OBS and looking to see what leather quality seams the best. Less wear, cracks, rips or tears over time. I know its hard to know unless you have owned multiple or all the brands.

Swaan

Reaction score
I've heard that the leather in the king ranch ford's is the real deal. Super nice.

MNStroker316

Reaction score
If you're buying it for your obs, why pick a truck brand to get the leather and not a company like katskinz or leatherseats .com?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Exactly. If its a regular cab obs id go to an upholstery shop and tell them to get busy.

Leatherseats.kom has good hides. Its way better than any crap you find in an oem. As for chevy/gm unless its high country or denali leather its 1990s quality pleather. Awful chit.

I cant say i really recall standard dosge leather. Most dudejizz have god awful 70s lawnchair fabric for interior. My dads ram is a 2015 longhorn outlaw but its got factory, custom tooled leather. If you had to do that aftermarket id expect 3-4 k to approximate it. 5 grand to be the same.

That said for 12-1500 you can order a custom to you set of covers.

g2outfitter

Reaction score
Thanks for replies. Tried kat skinz in the past and they were junk. Paper thin stuff. They also run 1500-$2000. I can get factory oem Buckets, console, and bench for less and reason for post. As long as they dont have brand then no one would be able to tell. Just want comfortable and quality. The king ranch are nice but looking for black as my interior is the blue and black trim.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

capt dong

Reaction score
Lariat leather is durable if you take care of it. Theres one corner that wears out on the drivers. Dont know why they dont make that spot thicker.

uga_dawg

Reaction score
An upholstery shop can replace the seat covers with leather. I'm sure they have different grade options.

Jason

Reaction score
My '15 Tahoe has the best leather out of any I have sat in/touched. It's a little larger grain, but it cleans up nice and quick, and after a year and a half of toting 3 kids around in it, it still looks like it came off the dealer. If I was buying aftermarket though, it would be from Katskin, or leatherseats.

TyCorr

Reaction score
FORD and other manufactures use katskinz..as oem

In what models?

The material i see in most oem is crap compared to what any aftermarket sells. Most of it isnt even really leather. Maybe the part your butt touches. The majority is vinyl.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.