best sounding deleted 15

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Trying to nail down the best sound for my truck when i delete & would love to hear some great sounding setups & hear input on the proper route to take as i do not want the rick flair -flare lol.I currently have a modded mbrp split dual rear exit 4" filter back(they dont make them for a rclb,but nothing a weld cant fix lol),and would also like the rest to be 4" as some have claimed the 5" to drone & not produce as much power.Any input is very much appreciated.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
A 15 6.7 does Not have the "Rick flair" sound. If you want it to be load go with just a 4" delete pipe. If you want it to be almost as quite as factory, then put a 30" FTE resonator on it. I have 4-5" and 6" tip and my truck doesn't drone. It's all straight pipe no muffler or resonator anymore

ftast350

Reaction score
White15, where does yours go from 4" to 5"?

Charles just youtube "deleted 15 powerstroke" and the majority of what comes up are 5" straight piped and they sound great! as for the drone or how loud it is in the cab I can not say but I will be doing 5" straight piped on mine and if its too loud or has any drone I will be putting on a resonator.

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Thx alot for the feed back guys,i've already got the 4"mbrp filter back split rear duals which i had to fab together to work but really like,but going off your inputs i'm going to just run 4" straight from turbo back to that and i should be good to go.I really appreciate the input.Right now my tires are louder then the exhaust lol.

knaffie

Reaction score
Still no drone with a big trailer hooked up? Most trucks with 5" are usually tolerable empty, then rattle your brain with a big load.

borsky

Reaction score
i have a 4' afe with muffler, quiet at idle, when u hit the loud pedal she barks loud. also towing 12k it drones like a SOB, I plan on a resonator...

knaffie

Reaction score
i have a 4' afe with muffler, quiet at idle, when u hit the loud pedal she barks loud. also towing 12k it drones like a SOB, I plan on a resonator...

Exactly what I expected. Most of the guys talking about no drone don't pull trailers. I've never heard a straight-piped truck yet that doesn't get way louder with a trailer behind it.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Exactly what I expected. Most of the guys talking about no drone don't pull trailers. I've never heard a straight-piped truck yet that doesn't get way louder with a trailer behind it.

I have no drone pulling 10-15k. But I only am 5" on my filter back section, with 4" delete pipe. I had a 30" FTE but it was too quite for me.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
FlowPro 4" with 24" Maganflow muffler then 5" DPF back Magnaflow kit with 6" tip.
Sounds good with no drone trailer or not. I'm old...I don't do straight pipes anymore. LOL

Latest posts

Members online