Best tuner on market?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Hydra chip with whom evers tunes you like, or all of them... Currently running 6 different tuners on my Hydra chip...

Dyno Proven
Gearhead
Tony Wildman
PHP
Powerstruck
Dan K
Curtis...

All can be moved around and added or deleted as easy as point and shoot. No removing the chip, no sending it off, no burner required... Point and click.

bruce

Reaction score
The new dp f6 looks nice. Open platform for all tuners and has Bluetooth capabilities.

SeeYa

Reaction score
For $490 bucks, Blank...

I'll stick with the Hydra and a USB cord.

Where the hell do you get your math! Do you know something we don't? We're not done with a final cost. That will be announced tomorrow.

Last edited:

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Where the hell do you get your math! Do you know something we don't?

Off your website...

I didnt bother loading the tunes, because unless you have started offering free basic tunes like the Hydra that will just drive the cost up more.

If I am wrong please by all means correct me...

Attachments

• DP chip with standard switch.jpg
    DP chip with standard switch.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 90
  • DP chip with gauge switch.jpg
    DP chip with gauge switch.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 77

SeeYa

Reaction score
Off your website...

I didnt bother loading the tunes, because unless you have started offering free basic tunes like the Hydra that will just drive the cost up more.

That is the price of the old F6. We will get our first shipment tomorrow and will make the necessary price adjustments or not. This is a new version with many new features no one else has. I will be glad to keep it where it's at knowing what's been done. Getting a product the same price as old version but with all the new enhancements is not bad at all. Bluetooth is not cheap to achieve.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
That is the price of the old F6. We will get our first shipment tomorrow and will make the necessary price adjustments or not. This is a new version with many new features no one else has. I will be glad to keep it where it's at knowing what's been done. Getting a product the same price as old version but with all the new enhancements is not bad at all. Bluetooth is not cheap to achieve.

I dont recall commenting on said quality of product, only that you can get the Hydra for $375, its open sourced and loaded with tunes for that price...

IMHO, the best piece of hardware on the market...

SeeYa

Reaction score
Off your website...

SeeYa

Reaction score
I dont recall commenting on said quality of product, only that you can get the Hydra for $375, its open sourced and loaded with tunes for that price...

IMHO, the best piece of hardware on the market...

Then stick to that and stop posting about product that you have never used. You had the F5. You can't give a comparison to the F6.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Then stick to that and stop posting about product that you have never used. You had the F5. You can't give a comparison to the F6.

Ugh...

I did not give a comparison on anything other then price Diane...

To give a true comparison...

Here is the F6 with a switch and 7-8 tunes... $775 bucks.

I wont comment back again, I'll just stick to the Hydra for $375 bucks with the switch and access to as many tunes as I could want to load...

http://www.power-struck.com/#!product/prd4/1136261171/hydra-17-postion

Attachments

• DP chip with standard switch and 8 tunes....jpg
    DP chip with standard switch and 8 tunes....jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 66

DocBar

Reaction score
I don't have a dog in anybody's fight on here, just asking an honest question: What are the benefits of Bluetooth that would justify the extra cost?

SeeYa

Reaction score
I don't have a dog in anybody's fight on here, just asking an honest question: What are the benefits of Bluetooth that would justify the extra cost?

It takes the place of installing cables to load tunes with your windows tablet or quite possibly your windows phone instead of your laptop or desktop. We have many customers who have purchased oldF6 but they don't have a desktop or laptop to load the tune. The phone idea will need to be confirmed. The benefit is what you think its worth to you. We have it priced at $35 to add it if you want Bluetooth. The chip does not have to be purchased with the Bluetooth. It's an option.

We've determined with the chip redesign we can keep the cost of the new F6 v2 the same as the old. So what this means to the consumer is you get newly updated parts over parts manufactured 6 yrs. ago to new faster better processors and components at no hike in cost. And we added some killer features as well for only $35.

Last edited:

DocBar

Reaction score
It takes the place of installing cables to load tunes with your windows tablet or quite possibly your windows phone instead of your laptop or desktop. We have many customers who have purchased oldF6 but they don't have a desktop or laptop to load the tune. The phone idea will need to be confirmed. The benefit is what you think its worth to you. We have it priced at $35 to add it if you want Bluetooth. The chip does not have to be purchased with the Bluetooth. It's an option.

We've determined with the chip redesign we can keep the cost of the new F6 v2 the same as the old. So what this means to the consumer is you get newly updated parts over parts manufactured 6 yrs. ago to new faster better processors and components at no hike in cost. And we added some killer features as well for only $35.
All of that, along with talking to Justin, has me seriously considering this option. I'm in Charlotte, so I may have to consider live tuning from you.

Reaction score
I love my tunes from Jody, got em in both our trucks and my cousins 97, great customer service too, I do live about 20 minutes from jody so that's really made working with him very easy. I however cannot compare his tunes to anybody's except whatever was on the ts chip from the po on the 02. I will say I have never riden in a super duty that the transmission tuning was as spot on, the shift strategy in his tow tunes are great, the truck shifts at all the right times

Tom S

Reaction score
Bluetooth sounds like great idea in the day and age of smart phone and Ipads. I also like the open source coming to the F-6 even though I am quite happy with the current tunes.

DocBar

Reaction score
Bluetooth sounds like great idea in the day and age of smart phone and Ipads. I also like the open source coming to the F-6 even though I am quite happy with the current tunes.
I really wish all of these 7.3 tuners would pool their resources. Imagine the leaps forward the platform would take.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Being able to do tunes with a smartphone would be badazz. I do not play nice with laptops.