Best turbo upgrade for 2011 6.7

sledhead_24_7

Reaction score
They are right on top, no it won't require pulling the turbo. The intake plastic plenum yes. Once that is off you can reach those tubes easy. There are o-rings that get warm a leak. I think it is more of a issue on 2011s than others. My 2011 leaked out of one of them. $30 or so for new parts and a hr or so to get it fixed.

williamallen13

Reaction score
Thanks for the help,The video is perfect. I went ahead and ordered the parts online for $21.44 with free shipping. I figure if I'm removing the intake I may as well have the parts. Thy won't be delivered till next Monday so I won't be doing the work till the following weekend so it'll be 2 weeks till I do it. I'll let you know.
I also saw your post on my other thread.

williamallen13

Reaction score
I saw where the 2015 turbo does not have a wastegate is that dangerous? Can that turbo handle being pushed at 30 - 40psi with or without a wastegate?

bruce65trojan

Reaction score
I think the 2015 upgrade is the simplest most reliable means for what you're trying to do. The MPD kit is going to be a more versatile kit , allowing for more options , but for good power and reliability the 2015 turbo is a great move and pretty damn cheap. If you think you'll have plans of going bigger , go MPD or HS . The hs divided Kit comes out soon , I have a customer that's gonna run the divided with a bw369sxe , should be nasty. We sell every brand of turbo Kit available , let me know if I can help.

I need to know some more about this setup y'all are gonna be using for this customer! It has peaked my interest lol

Buck1

Reaction score
They are right on top, no it won't require pulling the turbo. The intake plastic plenum yes. Once that is off you can reach those tubes easy. There are o-rings that get warm a leak. I think it is more of a issue on 2011s than others. My 2011 leaked out of one of them. $30 or so for new parts and a hr or so to get it fixed.
Mine leaked as well from here.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Azraie218

Reaction score
I saw where the 2015 turbo does not have a wastegate is that dangerous? Can that turbo handle being pushed at 30 - 40psi with or without a wastegate?

i was also wondering this, if any one can toss us an answer that would be great, I've noticed I'm getting a bit of turbo sneeze and have been kinda of wondering as of late.

williamallen13

Reaction score
Is it safe and reliable if you use boost at 40 psi or so on a regular basis with either the streetmax or towmax? Also can you tell a difference between 25 psi tune and 40 psi tune? I ask because sometimes with the VGT turbos boost is high but no considerable increase in performance. One would think 40 psi would mean 2x the air meaning a significant increase in power. I know with my sct race tuner I can barely tell between the extreme tune at 40 psi and the performance tune at 25 psi. I have a stock junk turbo but it's still hitting 40 psi in the extreme tune.

Azraie218

Reaction score
who's tunes are you guys using, i know we are squeezing about all my fuel pumps can put out until i start dropping rail at WOT and only have ever seen 33-34 psi on mine......

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
Is it safe and reliable if you use boost at 40 psi or so on a regular basis with either the streetmax or towmax? Also can you tell a difference between 25 psi tune and 40 psi tune? I ask because sometimes with the VGT turbos boost is high but no considerable increase in performance. One would think 40 psi would mean 2x the air meaning a significant increase in power. I know with my sct race tuner I can barely tell between the extreme tune at 40 psi and the performance tune at 25 psi. I have a stock junk turbo but it's still hitting 40 psi in the extreme tune.

I'm no expert but I would say no it's not safe to boost high all the time and if I really did hit that high of boost it was in manual mode and only for a split second. If I nail it on the road it will read 35-37 psi max.

As for power goes, all the air in the world won't do anything without fuel. You need both to push the truck.

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
who's tunes are you guys using, i know we are squeezing about all my fuel pumps can put out until i start dropping rail at WOT and only have ever seen 33-34 psi on mine......

I run PIP and IDP but they won't go above 37psi unless I lockout a gear or go manual mode.

I will say I rarely ever run the truck that hard tho.

Azraie218

Reaction score
I run PIP and IDP but they won't go above 37psi unless I lockout a gear or go manual mode.

I will say I rarely ever run the truck that hard tho.

yah i can get 35 if i run it in manual mode and really really push hard, i was kind of wondering how these guys are seeing such high boost.... i know mine cleans right up and i am using all my pumps can give me, you need the fuel to run higher boost or its a waist and you are just harming your truck.... i really need to get the dual fuelers

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
yah i can get 35 if i run it in manual mode and really really push hard, i was kind of wondering how these guys are seeing such high boost.... i know mine cleans right up and i am using all my pumps can give me, you need the fuel to run higher boost or its a waist and you are just harming your truck.... i really need to get the dual fuelers

i got you when you're ready :)

Azraie218

Reaction score
i got you when youre ready :

oh you'll be getting a call...... rather sooner than later... unfourtrinally the dollar is in the pot for my up here in the great white north i need oil to come back up any time now..... so its been pushed back for a bit.... but it will come!!!

Latest posts

Members online