Best year or years for the 6.0?

Jarrod B

Reaction score
All 03s iv seen are stout as he'll
I know a 03 with 260k hp oil pump failure at 30k only concern

Funny. Everyone told me to avoid that year. But I ended up getting one and really have no issues.

Any year of 6.0 you can get. Just has to check out on the important stuff first.

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Funny. Everyone told me to avoid that year. But I ended up getting one and really have no issues.

Any year of 6.0 you can get. Just has to check out on the important stuff first.

Exactly. Buddy of mine bought his wife an 03 ex and they haven't had any issues either. Its got 180+ on it now and it was studded one at a time and run like a rental car sometimes LOL

I can't see getting rid of mine. I came from a 7.3 that I put stage ones and a bunch of stuff in and I didn't like it nearly as much. Only problem I've got with mine is the clutch is shot. But that's from 126k miles, 20k of which were tuned up pretty good.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

woodduck97

Reaction score
At the end of the day 03-07 6.0 you never know what might go when. So imo they are all the same from what I have seen besides the truck body and suspension.

Jeremy

Reaction score
The 02's and 08's 6.0's were the best, I have'nt read of one complaint on those trucks. LOL

All jokes aside, on our fleet at work...the 06-07's have been the best. The 03's are the worst.

08Tarheel450

Reaction score
OK. So I have to start out by thanking Craig at MPD for replying to my email full of questions. So far he is the only sponsor who replied. Anyways, after emailing back and forth about options and pricing, I have almost talked myself out of a 6.0. Reason being, I can put $2,000 in a programmer, intake and exhaust and have around 550 hp I'm assuming and put the other $5,000 toward fuel. Does that sound about right?

Latest posts

Members online