best years to have

superih

Reaction score
So what year or build date range are the preferred 6.4's? what about the build dates for Job 1,2,etc? Should you stay away from a Job 1?

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
I think anything but Job 1 is preferred, but they are all solid once the Ford updates have been done.

White_monster

Reaction score
I've had great luck with my job 1, even have the original rad and ran with blown hg's for over a year. Doesn't matter on build date there's always lemons, seems more lemons in early build dates thou.

BFT

Reaction score
All the motors are be same from 08-10. Only thing that stands them apart are the updates. I have none of the latest updates.
Delete the EGR and DPF and good upkeep on your fluids and they're all golden

superih

Reaction score
Being that the 6.4 was only built for 3 years are they going to be left behind by aftermarket as the 6.7 takes over? Looks like Ford had some work to do on the 6.7 to let us make some power with them. Or do you just get a 6.4 and rip it.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Being that the 6.4 was only built for 3 years are they going to be left behind by aftermarket as the 6.7 takes over? Looks like Ford had some work to do on the 6.7 to let us make some power with them. Or do you just get a 6.4 and rip it.

The 6.4 was built for 3 years due to a contractual pissing match. To this day, there's nothing quite like the animal a 6.4 is. Period.

Long story short, you get a 6.4 and rip it.

skew12

Reaction score
Unless I was stuk on getting a truck with 0 miles on it, I'd go with a proven 6.4. Just find one that's been taken care of.

89xj

Reaction score
My job 1 08 has been great. It's taken a SH!T kicking too. 40,000km on a 300 tune no studs or anything. Just dpf and egr delete. Did the tranny but that was by choice. 100,000 km now. Original rad an everything. Even the single oring rad hoses.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.