Better MPGs without tuner?

UnrepentantSinner

Reaction score
Well, my Edge Juice with Attitude crapped out the other day along with the FICM. It's always had an Edge on it and had religiously gotten 300-325 miles on a tank (ccsb), doesn't matter if it was set on mileage, towing, or Preformance. First trip today without any tuner what so ever, 431 miles so far and about an 1/8 of a tank left. what gives? Been looking at an SCT tuner, but not sure after this. Thoughts?

CCRICE

Reaction score
Edge is a garbage tuner and I've heard it will fry trannys. My buddy's truck came with one on it and it deleted his PCM/tcm. We ripped the edge out and I pulled him to the dealership down the street to get reflashed. $90 later his truck runs great. I know this isn't on topic for your question but just food for thought. I've got Gearhead tunes and I get about 325 out of a tank.

OBS F350

Reaction score
Is this in town? My truck with 190/75's and no tune got 400 miles to half a tank on the highway last night coming back to town from Wisconsin. Cruise set at 75 most the way. I'm assuming you now have a new FICM installed? Your old one being on it's way out may have had something to do with it getting crap mileage. That's just a guess though.

Mdub707

Reaction score
A bad FICM will certainly cause poor mileage, that would be my guess. Even though the Edge isn't the tuner of choice for these, I still can't see it killing your mileage like that. You would likely find the mileage to stay the same or possibly increase a touch with a good custom tuned SCT.

Karls03

Reaction score
Having run Brand E garbage and SCT, I'm inclined to agree with Mike.

My first post Brand E SCT tune was IDP's Aggressive street, it felt like the "Hot Unlock" (who thought up those stoopid names?). I loaded up Extreme Race, WHAT A BEAST compared to Brand E "tuning". While mpg stayed about the same, SCT shaved 6 tenths off of my 1/4 mile ET.

Latest posts

Members online