Bigger fuel tank

psdguy95

Reaction score
Who makes a bigger front tank for these trucks? I saw one on this one site but i cant remember what site it was. My rear one just started to leak and i would like to delete it if i can find a bigger front one.

purpleheart350

Reaction score
I dont know if this is what your looking for but

The stock tank measures: 34 3/4 x 27 x 7 7/8
The Bronco tank measures: 31 7/8 x 22 1/4 x 15 3/4
The F26E tank measures 34 3/4 x 27 x 13 3/4----> 2" shorter than the Bronco tank

The tanks are aftermarket tanks made by Spectra Premium. The F26E tank has the same dimensions as the stock tank but it's deeper. You can also use a F26D tank but you will need to twist out the vent tube spot welded inside the filler. I found a new F26D tank on Craigslist for $60.

The pickup and return need to be extended. The stock float is not long enough. I used float from a Bronco and bent the wire.

The hardest was getting the old tank out. I was working by myself and had to struggle at times.

it was taken from the other site. check here http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3936

psdguy95

Reaction score
I dont know if this is what your looking for but

The stock tank measures: 34 3/4 x 27 x 7 7/8
The Bronco tank measures: 31 7/8 x 22 1/4 x 15 3/4
The F26E tank measures 34 3/4 x 27 x 13 3/4----> 2" shorter than the Bronco tank

The tanks are aftermarket tanks made by Spectra Premium. The F26E tank has the same dimensions as the stock tank but it's deeper. You can also use a F26D tank but you will need to twist out the vent tube spot welded inside the filler. I found a new F26D tank on Craigslist for $60.

The pickup and return need to be extended. The stock float is not long enough. I used float from a Bronco and bent the wire.

The hardest was getting the old tank out. I was working by myself and had to struggle at times.

it was taken from the other site. check here http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3936

Close but not quite. I don't really want to replace the rear tank. I wan to get rid of it. Thanks though man!

Strokersace

Reaction score
Brad I don't see anywhere on Titan's site that they have anything for an OBS. Transferflow's is super heavy!!!

I'm going to try and retrofit a 38 gal SD plastic tank into mine. With the harpoon mods to the vent and fill pipes inside, you can get 40 into it. Same length as the OBS front tank, only bulkier. Different straps to hold it up and some rerouting of the filler neck lines and it should work.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Brad I don't see anywhere on Titan's site that they have anything for an OBS. Transferflow's is super heavy!!!

I'm going to try and retrofit a 38 gal SD plastic tank into mine. With the harpoon mods to the vent and fill pipes inside, you can get 40 into it. Same length as the OBS front tank, only bulkier. Different straps to hold it up and some rerouting of the filler neck lines and it should work.

Make sure you take pics when you do it.

Billy T.
[email protected]

TyCorr

Reaction score
There is no reason you cant put a sd tank in your truck and vacate the rear tank. They were a stupid idea anyway(rear tanks). Couldnt you just transfer the whole super duty setup into the obs truck?

Strokersace

Reaction score
There is no reason you cant put a sd tank in your truck and vacate the rear tank. They were a stupid idea anyway(rear tanks). Couldnt you just transfer the whole super duty setup into the obs truck?

You're correct. If someone was doing electric fuel, there's no reason why you couldn't just swap everything over.

However, I want the dual tanks. When I owned my SD, I was going to mount an Excursion tank aft axle in it but sold the truck first.

Here's my reason for liking the dual tanks and extra capacity to boot (aux tank or 38gal front/rear tanks, or all of the above) - Up here in no man's land, there's some vast country to travel in. And when you get to a station, it's likely gonna be WAY higher priced fuel that bigger places. Like 10 to 20 cents on average more per gallon. So the extra capacity can get you more fuel at the cheaper prices, get you thru no-mans-land, and you're not stuck paying rediculous small town, middle of nowhere prices.

Also, when I'm traveling from here in Montana down to Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas to see my family and friends, I average at least 2 entires hours of the trip in nothing but downtime filling up with fuel because I have to. Even by myself, each stop takes at least 30 minutes by the time you get fuel, wait in line, go to the bathroom, etc. I want enough fuel on board so that I can be pulling a trailer w/ getting lets say 10 mpg, leave my house and get to my folk's place in Kansas without every needing to stop for fuel. It'll cut 2 hours out of my trip and I won't be forced to stop early along the way cause that's the only place to get fuel in 150 to 200 miles.

That's just me though. I like having the extra capacity of the dual tanks. I've got the 38 gal rear now, want to install a 38 gal front SD tank, and have a 50 gal aux tank in bed.

Billy- when I get around to installing the SD tank, I'll definitely be taking pics.

psdguy95

Reaction score
I don't mind dual tanks. I like the idea of being able to longer distances without having to stop. But I just wish the obs tanks were bigger. I would get a tank to put in the bed but I can't afford to lose anymore bed space. Unless I got a smaller tool Box then I would.

Peroni

Reaction score
I don't mind dual tanks. I like the idea of being able to longer distances without having to stop. But I just wish the obs tanks were bigger. I would get a tank to put in the bed but I can't afford to lose anymore bed space.

:whs: My spare tire hangs low enough as it is and moving it to the bed is not an option so that rules out a bigger rear tank. I really like the Transfer Flow tank but it's so expen$ive I wouldn't have money left to fill it! Aerotank makes some halfway affordable tanks but after repeated requests for more info and pics with no response I gave up on them. Want to make sure it wouldn't get in the way of my fuel system and air compressor. I've though of trying to swap a larger SD tank but as usual I just didn't have the time to see this through.

JDNeis

Reaction score
rear tank.JPG

this is the rear replacement tank that I got from aerotanks. It holds 45 gallons

fatsix

Reaction score
You're correct. If someone was doing electric fuel, there's no reason why you couldn't just swap everything over.

However, I want the dual tanks. When I owned my SD, I was going to mount an Excursion tank aft axle in it but sold the truck first.

Here's my reason for liking the dual tanks and extra capacity to boot (aux tank or 38gal front/rear tanks, or all of the above) - Up here in no man's land, there's some vast country to travel in. And when you get to a station, it's likely gonna be WAY higher priced fuel that bigger places. Like 10 to 20 cents on average more per gallon. So the extra capacity can get you more fuel at the cheaper prices, get you thru no-mans-land, and you're not stuck paying rediculous small town, middle of nowhere prices.

Also, when I'm traveling from here in Montana down to Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas to see my family and friends, I average at least 2 entires hours of the trip in nothing but downtime filling up with fuel because I have to. Even by myself, each stop takes at least 30 minutes by the time you get fuel, wait in line, go to the bathroom, etc. I want enough fuel on board so that I can be pulling a trailer w/ getting lets say 10 mpg, leave my house and get to my folk's place in Kansas without every needing to stop for fuel. It'll cut 2 hours out of my trip and I won't be forced to stop early along the way cause that's the only place to get fuel in 150 to 200 miles.

That's just me though. I like having the extra capacity of the dual tanks. I've got the 38 gal rear now, want to install a 38 gal front SD tank, and have a 50 gal aux tank in bed.

Billy- when I get around to installing the SD tank, I'll definitely be taking pics.

Has anyone attempted the SD swap yet?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.