bigger turbo input needed

chris d

Reaction score
i know this subject has probably been beat to death but i can't really find the answer i am looking for. i jumped the gun early when picking my turbo size i bought the s369 but it ends up i decided to do a full built motor and the 369 will not give me the power i am looking for, luckily maryland performance will exchange the s369 i was thinking a s472 with 60% injectors my question is hp numbers should i see with that size and also if i would go bigger then the s472 what size can i go up to and still be able to drive on the street without it being a crappy ride.

jcain

Reaction score
Surely you can ask your engine builder to recommend solid street truck combination?

Milesd830

Reaction score
I wish I new what it was like. That was going to be my set up. All the guys at Maryland said it would be great all around. Good luck! If your need some injectors I still have my set of 60%s laying here

BOSS450

Reaction score
S475 is not a daily driving turbo. Do I drive my truck to get food, Grocery shop, drive to work, go watch a movie? Yeah definitely. But it's only fun in moderation.

chris d

Reaction score
S475 is not a daily driving turbo. Do I drive my truck to get food, Grocery shop, drive to work, go watch a movie? Yeah definitely. But it's only fun in moderation.

I'm not really going to daily drive it I have a truck that I use for work I just want to be able to drive it daily if I had too because when my work truck is down I have to take the one I'm building mainly I'm going to just drive it around for fun or go hang out and the track

BOSS450

Reaction score
90% of my time on the street is at zero psi. 32" tires 3.73s and 6800lbs make that doable.
The other ten percent I spend watching smoke output. Can it be driven. Yes. Will it get old. Yes.

chris d

Reaction score
90% of my time on the street is at zero psi. 32" tires 3.73s and 6800lbs make that doable.
The other ten percent I spend watching smoke output. Can it be driven. Yes. Will it get old. Yes.

do you think i will be better off going s472?

chris d

Reaction score
I'm running 66/88 compounds and they are very streetable with good tuning. Mike from MPD runs his single 76 daily as well with no problems.

i was going to do 66/88 but i wanted to try the single out be for i did that. and damn i didn't know he daily drove that truck

ingrahams

Reaction score
I don't think he drives it in the winter but he probably has the most miles on a single turbo 6.4. He's driven all different sizes of turbos with stock fuel, 60%, 100%, and 150% nozzles. He is the best person to talk to regarding turbo size and street manners.

Nick284

Reaction score
not to derail, but i saw he mentioned 467. anyone have suggestions if i should throw 30's or 60's at mine? daily driver looking for 800ish but trying to be clean lol

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Well is the goal to stick with the single and go for 900 or is there still a chance you might go compounds?

I vote S369 with a gate and just spray it to 900 when you need it.. On the street you'll be happier with 700 hp that spools up nice than 800 that you have to fight for.

When you get sick of filling the nitrous bottle you can go with compounds

chris d

Reaction score
Well is the goal to stick with the single and go for 900 or is there still a chance you might go compounds?

I vote S369 with a gate and just spray it to 900 when you need it.. On the street you'll be happier with 700 hp that spools up nice than 800 that you have to fight for.

When you get sick of filling the nitrous bottle you can go with compounds

i want to try for 900 single first and if i spray it i would try for 1000. i do want to try 66/88 i will do that if i don't like the single

Latest posts

Members online