Billet input shaft

Stout

Reaction score
so while i have the trans on the ground for a prescision convertor and the ironpac kit i was wondering if i should put a billet shaft in. the truck will have erics race tune and prolly all of spartans tunes before long. other than the basics of egr block off and intake and exhaust i dont have any other motor mods. my truck works on the farm and im sure its gonna hit the track a couple times this summer. i guess im just wondering when everyone thinks its a good idea to install one?

i just hate to do all this work to beef up the trans for someone at a event to be like " oh you shoulda put a billet input shaft in, they fail all the time ". i try to read on the boards here as much as i can but dont really post much, i just havent really seen that much info on this. thanks guys

Sequential6.4L

Reaction score
It just drops right in you wont need anything else. If all you plan on doing is just a tuner, exhaust, and intake you'll be fine with the stock one, they can take a pretty good beating. If it was me I would do it for piece of mind and in case I did any big power mods down the road.

Stout

Reaction score
It just drops right in you wont need anything else. If all you plan on doing is just a tuner, exhaust, and intake you'll be fine with the stock one, they can take a pretty good beating. If it was me I would do it for piece of mind and in case I did any big power mods down the road.

thank you...i will be taking a ride down to MDP to pick one up when i get off work :D

Dzchey21

Reaction score
yeah like stated its probably cheap insurance to just run a billet input even though you might not need it, if you ever plan on going bigger you'll be glad its there

Stout

Reaction score
yea i just rode down to MDP and picked one up...they seem to be a good group of people. glad they are kinda close. thanks guys :thumbup:

Latest posts

Members online