Billet rods and girdle

DocBar

Reaction score
Has anybody ever rigged up permanent lighting that would illuminate the engine.bay? Im thinking leds that would shine up top, towards the sides, and underneath on a switch. Maybe.some more to illuminate the accessory belt drive for inspection? Waddya think? Im tired of holding a friggin flashlight with my teeth. LOL
That's actually a pretty cool idea. LED's are low power options that would make sense.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea, blinding wouldnt help. It may turn out to.be an ill-conceived idea. Wouldnt be my first.

powersmokin88

Reaction score
How would I get ahold of this mike is there a sit or something I would like to see his kit and what it all has.

Milford

Reaction score
Ty where do you live at? I've driven by Hmax so many times and am planning on some of my parts coming from them. Rods for sure!

co04cobra

Reaction score
Yes!! They were explaining how they tested them and revised them. I was under the impression their rods, hardware, and pistons were about 5 grand to build a motor. When I yanked my motor last fall I priced out a hypermax built motor using their parts and it was gonna be over 9 grand for a box of parts and Id have to have a block to stuff this crap in.

They build great parts but Im thinking Im gonna be a 500hp kinda guy ;)

Nor to derail but Im getting close:
20130406_171956_zpsd8895f57.jpg

20130406_144028_zps63fa7cdf.jpg

I'll pull the receipts that I have from my built motor (that I wish I had time to install :doh:) It has h-max rods, pistons, and a few other things. I know it was stupid expensive but damn I didn't think it was 9K. I bought a truck that had this motor in it and then pulled the motor. Otherwise I would probably still have sticker shock and the numbers burned into my head.

Your motor looks awesome BTW. If you still need a set of matte black plenums check out NLTD. Its sound like they will be exactly like what you are looking for and are a upgrade from oem.

I may have missed it somewhere, but did you go with a cam?

TyCorr

Reaction score
No cam. I literally degreased this after pulling it again and made a pile of "reuse" and "junk" parts. Iremoved my oilpan and the cylinders looked so good that I went "hell, im not messing with this". Which begs the question "why did I remove this?" It was bleeding oil. I assumed it.was the.hpop and went with the srp1.1. The oilpan was rusting out and after removal it was definitel.responsible for one.set of drips. As was every other gasket. My truck ran fine but the oil leaks were godawful!

I was going to try to make some power with this,lol, but now its just gonna get the standard upgrades and some smallish hybrids with 200% nozzles. Be the truck I keep at the house.

9k dollar quote from Hmax included them fire ringing the.cylinder head and machining the heads for their own high rev kit. When you go that far, why have just any machine shop do it? It wasnt much for them to.do.the machine.work.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online