Black Onyx Luck

Mcgrath7

Reaction score
Just curious who other than me out there still has there black onyx head gaskets in there truck and how many miles on them, I have right around 38,000 miles on mine but I rarely turn my h&s up but I do some random heavy towing, still going strong . Thanks for any replies

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
My 2006 that we put together in 2010 that made around 600 has got about 52k on it since the stud job, billet 64mm non vgt and 195cc injectors. Kids that have had it since me ran the holy hell out of it with 40's and 4.56's.. It even jumped a set of railroad tracks at 110 to test the suspension.. Hows its still alive.. I have no idea lol

tnadanzig

Reaction score
I've had them on my truck since January 2010 when I did studs and probably 15-20K miles, not sure the exact mileage. I got them when they were all the rage. Running Gearhead SRL tune almost 100% of the time. 155/30 Injectors since June 2012 and still stock 03 turbo. Plenty of towing and fun.

Mcgrath7

Reaction score
Sounds like there have been a ton of failures because of the black onyx head gaskets, I just hope mine last, makes a guy sick thinking you had it bulletproofed and now is almost sounds less reliable then the stock set up if ur not beating on it, and who wants to pay to do a head gasket job again. Should be a lovely conversation with the wife, "yah you know babe when you let me spend a bunch of money to make my truck "bulletproof" well I got to do it again, but I swear this time it will be" :)

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
I think the word bulletproof gets thrown around way too much in this community

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True dat! I'm guilty of it as well, but IMO it's easier to get the point across most of the time. It's kind of time consuming to list everything I'm planning to do, or what people should look into, when buying a 6.0.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Its extremely easy to get the point across. Until the jackass with the bulletproofed 6.0 is pissed when his truck cracks the heads after its been "bulletproofed" and he doesnt understand why he cant whip donuts in a field spraying 100 shot of nitrous at it with a big vgt and 225's..

imelmo

Reaction score
Its extremely easy to get the point across. Until the jackass with the bulletproofed 6.0 is pissed when his truck cracks the heads after its been "bulletproofed" and he doesnt understand why he cant whip donuts in a field spraying 100 shot of nitrous at it with a big vgt and 225's..

I don't do donuts.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score

The idiots on the fb page usually don't listen anyways…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mcgrath7

Reaction score
I understand nothing is bulletproof, when i use bulletproof i am refurring to the process of work to make the 6.0 better. I was just curious if there were guys with insight on why the black onyx fail and if anyone has had a set last

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.