Blacked out emblems?

silverbullet4x4

Reaction score
Has anyone blacked out any of the emblems on their truck? Specifically the powerstroke emblem and f-series badges? If so what process did you to through to ensure a long life?

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
mine aren't blacked out but I painted them to match. just hit it with some rattle can color match paint, then a couple coats of clear and that's it.

untitledshoot-3129.jpg

silverbullet4x4

Reaction score
That's a good look for your truck, i was thinking something similar but possibly masking off the letters in each badge an doing a semi or flat black. Just curious if anyone had done it and how it turned out.

Super 6.0

Reaction score
paint matching always looks good but i never thought about the badges, i actually went the opposite direction with mine and it turned out pretty good on a white truck
DSCN0021.jpg

UPINSMOKE

Reaction score
I just scuffed and rattle canned the international emblems on my truck. No clear or anything. They have held up very well to tons of automatic carwashes... but they are finally starting to flake off.

blackonblack003-1.jpg

blackonblack013-1.jpg

rimsblacktruck102.jpg

STROKER

Reaction score
paint matching always looks good but i never thought about the badges, i actually went the opposite direction with mine and it turned out pretty good on a white truck
DSCN0021.jpg

Looks great man what did you use to get the black off the badge?

STROKER

Reaction score
Alright I might try that I was thinking about taking the black off and going over the whole emblem with black vinyl and cutting out the f350 so its pretty much the opposite of how it was think it would look good?

STROKER

Reaction score
Yea kind of that looks good, woulda never thought to use chap stick

Pstroke96

Reaction score
if the ford ovals anything like the obs ones, which i think it is. you just warm it up. get under the edge of the clear plastic, keep it warm and pop it up. sand off the blue, spray paint any color you desire. let it dry and glue it back together. id post up pics but photobucket id down for maintainence

TripleE44

Reaction score
I know the front is not like that anymore on the 05up trucks for sure. The rear may be, but the front has just a thin clear on it that you could never get off in one piece. The 08s are an even different story as the blue is just "paint" and no clear layer from what I can see. I've just put a sticker I made at my old job over mine.
Here's a pic where you can kinda see it. Its white with chrome writing.
DSC_0042-1.jpg

David S.

Reaction score
I know the front is not like that anymore on the 05up trucks for sure. The rear may be, but the front has just a thin clear on it that you could never get off in one piece. The 08s are an even different story as the blue is just "paint" and no clear layer from what I can see. I've just put a sticker I made at my old job over mine.
Here's a pic where you can kinda see it. Its white with chrome writing.
DSC_0042-1.jpg

same thing I did. Had a guy make me some stickers that fit over the factory ones. Had our company's logo put on them color matched to the truck. Needa get some current pics of the truck

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I thought about blacking the emblem and making the letters chrome on a set of 05 badges. But I sanded and sprayed an old badge as a tester and the paint just rubs off ??

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.