Blew hg/ help me build a 700 hp dd

oneturboforme

Reaction score
I wish someone would come out with an internal peice for the stock fuel bowl that would up the factory 3psi reg to like 8-10psi I'm betting it would work just as well as pumping direct to the hpfp

Wayne

Reaction score
On trucks that really suck down the fuel it's important to eliminate the restrictions at the banjo fittings. That's one of the main reasons to eliminate the fuel bowl.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
dosnt the kit only eliminate 3? so there still is 3 left on it all im saying is i THINK if you were to keep the filter(biggest restriction) and upped the pressure it would work... hey wayne does the lines from this kit go all the way from the airdog to the block? and all the way from the return to the tank? thanks oh and is the line from the bock to the hpfp all new in the kit?

Wayne

Reaction score
The kit eliminates all supply banjo fittings, and goes directly into the injection pump with a 1/2" braided stainless line and custom fitting. Upping the pressure would sure help on things, and if that works for you, then good, but we like to make it as efficient as possible

oneturboforme

Reaction score
So it comes with a new hpfp supply fitting on.the pump itself? Fwiw not trying to start a fight

78f100

Reaction score
Found out the head gaskets I got with the elite studs are victor reinz gaskets, Ben from Rudys said they are what ford uses, all I hear is bad from vr what yall think?

78f100

Reaction score
If vr makes the oem gaskets then I will use them but I'm not sure they do have any of you compared them? I called Ford and they have some coming in so If I don't find out for sure they are the same I will get the oem ones. No sense in risking it but don't want to waste money either,I know the vr 6.0 hg's were bad. Ford said $160 or $180 for oem can't remember for sure.

Last edited:

78f100

Reaction score
Just a update, I been really busy and still waiting on turbo and egr delete. I got my lift in and hope to install it in the next couple of days.

78f100

Reaction score
I just picked up the factory ford hg's and Ben is right they are identical to the vr ones. Of coarse they have dif part numbers but going off looks they are the same. Turbo shipped today and egr delete tomorrow!

CamTom12

Reaction score
That's good news about the gaskets - I had thought until recently that I had Black Onyx gaskets but I just found out I've got VR's. If they look identical to Ford I imagine I won't have any issues with them.

78f100

Reaction score
Yep I think you will be fine with them, I don't think Rudy's would sell the vr's if they were not the same or equal. Im pretty sure vr makes the oem gaskets, they are supposedly one of the largest gasket maker in the world owned by DANA company.

Last edited:

78f100

Reaction score
Still haven't got the lift put in yet, had to finish painting my 96, got it out of the way now. Still waiting on turbo and egr delete, should be here any day.

How bad is changing the nozzles? I have only seen one 6.4 injector out of the motor, are special tools required?

78f100

Reaction score
Thanks, I keep reading where people are sending them off to have them changed and was wondering why.

78f100

Reaction score
Finally got a chance to work on installing the lift, should finish it tomorrow, may even have time to pull the cab not sure. I cant wait to get it tore down, I am looking forward to learning from this build and make a little more power in the process.

78f100

Reaction score
Well finally got the lift done a few days ago, its tough installing a 11k lift by yourself. The only help i had was my 5 year old son lifted me up in the bucket of my kubota to put the top cross bar on.
I hope to have the cab off tonight, but the way things have been going who knows

I have all my parts in, but ended up with a industrial injection 71mm turbo instead of the towpower. I wasn't happy about it at first but between Ben and Aaron they took care of me, thanks guys. Tow powers seem to be hard to get so I am gonna try the II out first.

Last edited:

78f100

Reaction score
Cab is off, WHOO HOO, I followed the directions from this site and didnt even break anything pulling the cab by myself...lol. Pulling the heads in the morning and gonna try toget them to the machine shop. Took me about 5 to 5 1/2 hours to get it off but i was really taking my time and studying it. I probably spent 45 min just lifting the cab, I would lift a few inches and look.

Latest posts

Members online