Blew HPOP line

superpsd

Reaction score
I use to repair and maintain about 10 hydraulic cylinder testing benches. Pressure was set to 3000-4200 psi. These benches were for two way cylinders. Instant pressure one way for 1-20 seconds (depending on cylinder size) then instantly dumped and port #2 pressurized. Even with massive coolers these benches would get hot and run 24hrs day. We used the tough cover Parker hoses. The only reason we would replace them is the hoses would flex and relax and rub the hoses against the cylinders, sides of the benches and finally wear the cover off down to the braided cover. These hoses are very thick and not all that flexible lol.

It appears that Parker also made a Super Tough cover hose 5,000/20,000 burst with multiple braided layers I may check some of that out.

Last edited:

mandkole

Reaction score
I had a set of Parkers made for a customer who waned to pinch ever penny.. I advised him not to, but he did. I was NOT happy about the temperature rating on them. the hose guy said thats about as good as it'll get.. It was like like 350° IIRC

That is as good as it gets unless you are in a Teflon tubed hose. The good news is that the application will be fine with 300F.

superpsd

Reaction score
Which Parker hose was rated that high. I saw 300° for the blue hose can't remember the number. The oprerating pressure was only 2750 psi. Which would likely be fine as Parker underates their hose for liability purpose. We used standard 5000psi tough cover in a testing application where the hose saw a maximum of 10,000 psi without issue. The aeroquip matchmate does have better ratings.

Mr.BigOil

Reaction score
Heat rating is crucial. I would suggest sticking with OEM. The new braided lines have the rubber sheath for rub protection. Riffraff can set you up.

psduser1

Reaction score
Which Parker hose was rated that high. I saw 300° for the blue hose can't remember the number. The oprerating pressure was only 2750 psi. Which would likely be fine as Parker underates their hose for liability purpose. We used standard 5000psi tough cover in a testing application where the hose saw a maximum of 10,000 psi without issue. The aeroquip matchmate does have better ratings.

91 series. 2500 psi rating, 4x burst rating, and 450* temp rating. Ss braided cover, it's nice stuff, about 7.50$/ft.

superpsd

Reaction score
Parker and Aeroquip have the PTFE. The Aeroquip is 500° rated and the Parker is 450°

Last edited:

superpsd

Reaction score
Oh fruck. I never had actually looked at my hpop lines to see what they were I had to go look. I just have seen too many posts about the STC fittings. Guess I don't have to convert after all.

Pstrke96

Reaction score
Blew driver side 2 years and 40k ago. Last week after ts6 install and a few cervesas I decided smoke show to WOT just shy of 100 was a good idea. Well the pump fitting for driver side line decided for me play time was over and had to walk a mile home to get the obs and tow the SD home. I got lucky and this dinky a$$ ford dealer had one fitting in stock and the passenger side line so that's why not to play with an old truck at 3AM while consuming beverages
PS. If anyone doesn't have the tool like I bought from snappy for too much the ford clutch fitting tool at o'reillys also works for 6$

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.