Blew out 2nd gear...

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
So I put the stock compressor wheel back on the 38r this afternoon. Took it for a test drive. Got up on the hwy let her eat, everything was good, top end is back. Spool is alittle slower then the BMW but who cares.. It's still quick. Get off the exit coming back home stop at the light in the right lane that ends is 100ft got a car on the left. Light changes give it a go 3/4 pedal. Goes to shift to 2nd and nothing but slip. So I slow down and pull off to the side. Everything's alright take off again and it doesn't shift to 2nd, take it up past 3k and let off and it shifts to 2nd . Stop again and take off same thing. Manually shift to 1,2 does nothing. 2nd is toast.. It's fine as long as I don't slow down enough to goto 1st.

Gotta call Brian on Monday :(

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
url3.jpg

TARM

Reaction score
Yep it sounds like something let loose. It does not matter who built it things break. But regardless it still sucks. Its nice to know you do not have to worry about fighting someone to get them to fix it. No unusual trans temps? Nothing as far as indicators that something was wrong on other drives? Just was great and then not? No pop or anything that would tell you something might have broken?

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
So I think I've talked Craig into putting the s483 compound on while it's in the shop waiting on the trans to be fixed.. I hope he can get to it with how busy he is getting ready for ts! One way to make something out of a sucky situation. First thing after that it's going to the man himself Eric at innovative to get tuned up.

Latest posts

Members online