Blinkers quit

RSK

Reaction score
probably the switch. what's a blinker? quit using them, probably solved. I don't use mine, works out just fine...even with trailers, brake lights however are important, those need to work and be seen.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
probably the switch. what's a blinker? quit using them, probably solved. I don't use mine, works out just fine...even with trailers, brake lights however are important, those need to work and be seen.

For some reason my brake lights are tied into the hazard lamp relay along with my reverse lamps and all with a mini yellow 20a fuse. Odd thing is my running portion of the lights still work when the fuse is blown but none of the rest do. I have gone through 9 fuses now in a 150 or so miles I think I may have melted the relay again which is bull but it was free under warranty cannot complain. Even if I do not use the funny skinny switch on the left it still kills itself eventually not fun with city folk behind ya on a 9% grade with plenty of curves to make nicki minaj jelly.

Sent while speeding pushing little cars of the road and eating a burger.

RSK

Reaction score
For some reason my brake lights are tied into the hazard lamp relay along with my reverse lamps and all with a mini yellow 20a fuse. Odd thing is my running portion of the lights still work when the fuse is blown but none of the rest do. I have gone through 9 fuses now in a 150 or so miles I think I may have melted the relay again which is bull but it was free under warranty cannot complain. Even if I do not use the funny skinny switch on the left it still kills itself eventually not fun with city folk behind ya on a 9% grade with plenty of curves to make nicki minaj jelly.

lmao. you think your brake lights being tied into your hazard lamp relay is a smart thing, how about the fuel heater relay tied into the engine pcm!!!!! yah mine broke off as i was on my way to fill my truck up before a big storm that was suppose to hit on sunday and the truck died in the middle of the road....and it was 0 degrees outside. good thing i was only a mile from my house, and i had my 6.4 to get me back to my truck with some heat to wait for AAA... brake pedal switch shorting out maybe? I had a short period of time where my brake lights would stay on all the time, then they didn't work, at all, then my blinkers quite working, they don't like the cold i know that. then if i hit the hazard the flash fine for 5 mins, then turn solid and stop flashing. one time i turned my hazards on and my truck wouldn't start in park after 10 mins. so i drove it around for a few weeks having to start it in neutral until i had time to look at it...

Last edited:

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
lmao. you think your brake lights being tied into your hazard lamp relay is a smart thing, how about the fuel heater relay tied into the engine pcm!!!!! yah mine broke off as i was on my way to fill my truck up before a big storm that was suppose to hit on sunday and the truck died in the middle of the road....and it was 0 degrees outside. good thing i was only a mile from my house, and i had my 6.4 to get me back to my truck with some heat to wait for AAA... brake pedal switch shorting out maybe? I had a short period of time where my brake lights would stay on all the time, then they didn't work, at all, then my blinkers quite working, they don't like the cold i know that. then if i hit the hazard the flash fine for 5 mins, then turn solid and stop flashing. one time i turned my hazards on and my truck wouldn't start in park after 10 mins. so i drove it around for a few weeks having to start it in neutral until i had time to look at it...

Yeah so the count is 11 fuses now still no short found ford dealer had no idea checked all data for tsb's or similar things none that I couldn't find first time using it very green on it. Noticed it will work fine for 5- 10 mins also blink 5 times solid one then it will pop sacrificed a fuse to do so. Checked my trailer set up that's good, the only thing that it may be is my remote starter avitil valet 600d thing and possibly all the sh*t I took out. Yeah it sucks when bigger class 8 log trucks are behind you or equip oversized with some construction equip gets the adrenaline going some feels better after no crash has happened.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Found three shorts brake pedal, parking brake and a odd one truck bed wiring harness is incorrect because I have the 08+ bed and lights it was "hacked" together. My noob ish question is why is just now acting up worked fine until I towed/hauled some stuff, lots of driving, new batteries and started fixing stuff?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Cuz your truck is cobbled together. You are in for an empty wallet and heartbreak.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Cuz your truck is cobbled together. You are in for an empty wallet and heartbreak.

Whatever...... I have already sorted a fair amount of the gremlins out. Fixed the grounds all corrosion based with electric connector cleaner even went as far as to apply some dielectric grease to the connections. Now I am popping two 20a fuse at the same time blinkers and my brake light reverse and third brake fuse. Put proper connections in place instead of crimp spades and electrical tape tied the rear brake ground into my trailer light ground location added liquid tape as it did not have one that would be effective.
At a lose for the next step after tracing practically all the wires and grounds found zero issues my next thought is bad gem module or my switch is the issue but the switch has good resistance and ground continuity.

Sent while speeding, pushing little cars off the road and having a fruit smoothie.

TyCorr

Reaction score
The brake pedal switch? My truck doesnt require pressing the.brake pedal to move from park anymore. Wondering if its the switch? My reverse lights quit.working too.

Arisley

Reaction score
You may have attached a power wire to ground by mistake. This issue started after you "fixed" some wiring issues. Check your "fixes".

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
The brake pedal switch? My truck doesnt require pressing the.brake pedal to move from park anymore. Wondering if its the switch? My reverse lights quit.working too.

Most likely that, all I have to do is press it about 1/4 of an inch to shift out of park or no brake to change gears at the most I can place my flip flop on it and change into reverse. The other possibility is the remote starter I still have not had the time to fix that to my standards and waiting on the dealer to get me the install instructions. The sp diesel exhaust brake was tied into my skinny right, brake pedal, front abs module and the brake system relay/module by the master the metal one.

One of my fixes was shorting out sh*t happens tied it in to close to other grounds and the wire was dicked. I like getting second opinions on wiring as it is my weak point spoke with two others both agree that the remote starter and most of the dickered stuff that was added on is one source but it is a very difficult issue to trace because it is not just one thing it is caused by multiple possible items. Another possibility is the actual switch on the column or not sure what else there could be.

ToMang07

Reaction score
I believe I have a brake petal switch in my truck if you want to try it. LMK, I'll be in So. Windham tomorrow.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
I believe I have a brake petal switch in my truck if you want to try it. LMK, I'll be in So. Windham tomorrow.

Thanks but that might be a issue I moved to shelburne nh recently the dealer is ordering one for me to test it with as long as I do not break it I do not have to pay for unless I need it. Btw if you need any suspension parts, off road stuff or tires I know a place that has damn good prices in No. Windham he mainly deals with jeeps but handles trucks also.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.