Block heater?

Atsah

Reaction score
Plugged it in lastnite started like a champ. I am going to test those batteries and change my oil.

-Jake-

If you can't afford the syn 5W40, use HD 10W30 Motorcraft diesel oil. It worked about as good as the 5W40 for me.. My brother uses Rotella T-5 10W30 semi-syn in his work 6.0 in winter here in Maine and he has had good results with it..

El chupacabra

Reaction score
Well had the batteries tested the passenger side battery was cooked. they replaced it under warrenty. changed the oil and filter to some rotella t 5w40 synthetic. Man does that starter crank way faster when you got two good batteries in it LOL! fires right up now too.

CCRICE

Reaction score
Now that I'm on topic, what do you guys usually run. I know a ford tech told me nothing shy of 850 cca's. I've seen a lot of guys using motor crap batteries. Not to hijack the thread or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zmann

Reaction score
cheaper than a FICM

if you busted for coin you can run 1 new and one old good one ,, they just won't last as long since the higher voltage on will always be draining into the weaker one

Zmann

Reaction score
PS Motorcraft has 2 CCA batteries approved for us ,, and I think neither are Crap

I run the New Autozone AGM Platinum's,, before that Gold tops from AZ x 2 times

CCRICE

Reaction score
That's what I though, I've seen a lot of guys around the forums running motorcraft.. I've also heard a lot about the dura last since they have good warranties.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
That's what I though, I've seen a lot of guys around the forums running motorcraft.. I've also heard a lot about the dura last since they have good warranties.

Motorcraft and Duralast batteries are both made by Johnson Controls. They are both good as long as you get the premium ones.

Atsah

Reaction score
Now that I'm on topic, what do you guys usually run. I know a ford tech told me nothing shy of 850 cca's. I've seen a lot of guys using motor crap batteries. Not to hijack the thread or anything.

Motorcraft battery's work just fine. Mine lasted six years in two trucks.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.