Blower motor intermittent

hanson795

Reaction score
Hey everyone, ive been starting to have problems with my blower motor now that it's been getting pretty cold here in North Dakota. Sometimes when I start my pickup the blower motor wont come on until ive drove the truck for awhile. I have the auto temp control but it doesnt matter if you have it on auto or manual it still does it. I put a new blower motor in it thinking that the motor was possibly getting weak, but it still does it. Ive also tried a new blower motor relay. It's hard to do much diagnosing because it will randomly start working again by the time I start testing voltages. If anyone has had this same problem and knows what it could be your help would be appreciated. Thanks!

hanson795

Reaction score
It had been turning on when engine temp was around 130 but last night it didnt come on until temp reached 175

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
130* is normal from my experiences. This allows the motor to reach normal temps before using the heat for the interior. You just may not have a problem.

hanson795

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking until it didnt kick in until 175, maybe an inside air temp sensor I guess.Thanks for your input though!

Latest posts

Members online