Blower motor running slow...Help!

obs'r

Reaction score
About two years ago my blower motor on my OBS burnt up. When I say burnt it filled the entire cab with smoke. I replaced the motor right away and only had power on high. I replaced the resistor and got all four speeds back, but the fan doesn't move much air on high. I have put up with it taking forever to warm up in the winter or cool down in the summer and I am finally tired of it. What should I check next. I have compared my fan speed with another OBS with the factory fan and i would say on high, mine spins a little over half the speed of the factory one. The replacement fan is a napa one and the resistor is an auto zone one.

zilla68

Reaction score
Mine is the same way, have you checked the speed nut that holds the cage to the motor? I need to chrck mine also

obs'r

Reaction score
well the replacement motor and fan assymbly came with a metal fan and tuesday i swapped back to the plastic fan and it helped a little but now i just need the motor to speed up.

cmann250

Reaction score
Hey hey, strange seeing you here.

Could some of the wiring gotten burned up when the blower retired?

Also, take the knob off and see if it will turn a little farther using pliers or something. Maybe the knob and shaft are indexed wrong? Which would not let you turn it all the way. Simple things first.

Last edited:

obs'r

Reaction score
Im thinking it might be wiring but i dont know where to start checking.

Latest posts

Members online