Blowing coolant out the cap

teamheeler87

Reaction score
Well my friend and I pulled the head this weekend. 6 hours Friday and 4 hours Saturday. Really wasn't that bad. Just a lot of labeling and finding room to put all the crap. I'm sending the heads of tomorrow and my question is do I need special gaskets if I get my heads o ringed? I'll post pictures in the morning and do a small right up of the things I learned that might help everyone. Though I'm sure the little tricks are already known. But I know going back together is always a longer task. Thanks for all the help with the diagnosing.

teamheeler87

Reaction score
I picked up all the parts at Ford yesterday so that we can get my truck back together this weekend. My machinist said the heads would be done thursday. ARP sent me my late birthday present as well. Im going to use a whole case of B12 on cleaning the block friday afternoon and hopefully lay the heads on friday evening and maybe even get to torque them on. I bought me a new torque wrench from the Matco truck today so im going to break it in right.

I plan on taking pictures of when we go back together. I meant to do it when we took it apart but i got too excited and it was already done when i remembered.

Also i wanted to share a little something i figured out while removing the head bolts. I'm sure everyone who has done this without removing the cab or motor knows that the back bolts are a SOB to get out. I found that if you have someone there to help that one person can lift the head up just enough for the other person to slide the bolt out and then you can remove the baffle and head separately. You all probably already know that and its wrtten in someones thread but im too impatient to find and read it. so i find things out the hard way but thats really the only way i learn. lol.

Anyways, thanks for all the tips and help.

To be continued..................

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.