Blown Turbo??

Opz350

Reaction score
Ok, I was towing my travel trailer, interstate speed, about 70ish, and my truck made a pop and started pumping massive amounts of white/blue smoke. I immediately pulled to the shoulder, truck ran and idled fine, all gauges were normal, temp was 189, oil temp was about 200, good oil pressure, no codes. Truck lost all boost and was dumping oil out of the exhaust. Anyway, after a 4 hour sit I had it towed 200 miles back home...

All inter cooler pipes were connected, and oil looked fine, as did coolant when I checked it on the side of the road. I'm going to tear into it in the morning, and while searching and looking, I'm guessing maybe I lost a seal in the turbo? Just wondering everyone's thoughts..

Truck has 197,000 miles, factory turbo. Has head studs, heads were trued, and new gaskets about 3 years ago. Has EGR delete, and oil cooler relocated. 6 new injectors at the same time, so it does have 2 old injectors still. FMIC was replaced as well and is a solid.

Any help is appreciated! Mike

txoutlaw250

Reaction score
I've got an 07 turbo with a new stainless unison ring all cleaned and ready to go. $400 shipped. PM me if interested.

Gary

Reaction score
If you had oil coming out the exhaust it probably dumped oil to the inter-cooler also, I'd pull it and make sure there isn't any oil in it before you start the engine back up. The oil in the inner-cooler will cause a run away engine.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.