Blue-ish white smoke when at operating temp

Reaction score
As stated, I'm getting a good bit smoke when truck reaches operating temp, zero in cold temps or startup. It's my parents truck, it's an 02, 194,000 miles, has had the following mods for quite a few years, tuned, CCV mod, and has a KC stage 1 drop in turbo, 4 inch down pipe, bellowed up-pipes and 6637 Filter. Again, we've had the truck for about 12-13 years now, and everything was done almost in the first year aside from the turbo. Had very little issue until this smoke recently. Does seem.to be worse with load like pulling their RV. Any ideas? Leaning towards HPO issues or maybe worn original injectors. If it's not a mod listed, it's OEM equipment. If it did it when cold too, I'd think valve seals or guides but to me it doesn't make sense for that since only seems to do it when it's at temp.

I did do some data logs recently using AE, and honestly ICP seemed pretty good/normal. Close to 3000 psi on full throttle runs, and duty cycle was in the 40s I believe. I'll have to go back and look at the logs, my numbers may be off since it's been a month or so ago since i did the runs.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Does it use oil?
As far as I know, no. With that being said, of course now that I've gotten more time to delve into it, it's started to leak oil at a decent pace. But if my memory serves me right, it was not using any when this first started. The leak literally appeared last week when we all went on a trip together with our campers

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
As far as I know, no. With that being said, of course now that I've gotten more time to delve into it, it's started to leak oil at a decent pace. But if my memory serves me right, it was not using any when this first started. The leak literally appeared last week when we all went on a trip together with our campers

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

What color is the smoke and what does it smell like?

Smoke comes from three things.

Coolant, oil, and fuel.

Latest posts

Members online