body shop hurt my engine.....

newman

Reaction score
Well, I noticed that Morgan has a 2017 F350 Platinum Ultimate, that is basically my dream truck... LOL But if they do total it, I would buy it back, and strip it, and get a 2016 Platinum Ultimate, and re use all of my bolt on parts...

You should probably buy it sooner than later. The new truck smell won't make it past very many good farts:popcorn:

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
You should probably buy it sooner than later. The new truck smell won't make it past very many good farts:popcorn:

LOL Waiting to hear the word on which way we are going. Likely to see a fairly large sum for repairs/replacement of the motor, or total the vehicle.

Seeing as how they will likely be using Ford parts prices, their estimate will likely be near $20,000, and my truck value, with 278,xxx miles, is likely less than $40,000.... I really do not know what they are going to do....

Aaaaaaand the wait continues....

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
My question is who in their right mind isnt expecting to get smacked in the eye for keeping a company truck in limbo for finger pointing this long? That part is as unacceptable as the idiots who pinched off the breather and walked away.

Yeah, I have had to cancel nearly $30,000 worth or work thus far, and an un measurable $ amount of work since the company was assigning blame/assigning financial obligation/diagnosing, etc....

And now am trying to get a trip to CO in Dec for around $10,000 to recover some of my lost profits...

This summers profits were supposed to cover my 6.4 build, 5r110 trans build, turbo piping, paint work, etc on the reg cab project I've got, so, the $10,000 will not replace that, but at least keep me moving forward... So, if they have higher cost estimates by using ford pricing instead of what I proposed, honestly, so be it, so that I am not nearly as far behind as I am now...

I'll basically use their (likely) higher estimates to offset the lost wages, instead of fighting that battle at all. Or, if they total it, I will be trading in my other vehicle, 2014 Explorer Sport, as trade in on a new rig, thus lowering my total output on vehicle payments from $2,225 (1,200-F350 and 1,025 for Explorer), down to around $1,300 monthly for a brand new duallie... Which will clear up $900 per month to spend on 6.4 parts over the next year... Whatever, I'll manage either way... LOL

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
Holy shti dude! We traded our 15 explorer in fir a 16 sport and the payment was 500 bucks. I thought that was excessive! I guess Ive got some learnin to do lol

morepower02

Reaction score
Holy shti dude! We traded our 15 explorer in fir a 16 sport and the payment was 500 bucks. I thought that was excessive! I guess Ive got some learnin to do lol

Lol when I saw the payment amounts I was thinking the same thing. Must be very short term loans.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score

Lol when I saw the payment amounts I was thinking the same thing. Must be very short term loans.

Yeah, I like to finance for shorter terms. I could always finance at longer terms, then make extra payments, but I usually just work out as low an interest rate as I can get, and stay at or around 4-5 years. I got 6.25% on the 350, and 2.3% on the explorer. There is just something about a 6-7 year note that makes it feel like a mortgage to me... LOL

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yeah, I like to finance for shorter terms. I could always finance at longer terms, then make extra payments, but I usually just work out as low an interest rate as I can get, and stay at or around 4-5 years. I got 6.25% on the 350, and 2.3% on the explorer. There is just something about a 6-7 year note that makes it feel like a mortgage to me... LOL

Thats the very reason i dont own a new vehicle. THeres a battery of negatives in this part of the country. I ordered a platinum based on what i liked in the 13-16s and it looked like azz on the 17s. Luckily i was able to get my sisters long term boyfriend (they are both older folks) to buy it as its what he wanted.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Ours was 24 months but I also put 30k down.

I put 30 k down, but I went 7 k backwards when I traded in the Harley 450... I got a decent deal on the '13 F350, but, I still financed nearly $50,000... I figured that 72 months at 6% was still gonna be about 1 k a month... so I figured, keep it right under 1200 a month, and we came up with 48 months... The explorer was easier, but I only put 10 k down, but I got the service plan and the big boy Premium warranty (waste of fvckin money, because they didn't cover chit....) 42 months was 1017 a month, so, I rolled with it.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Darn. Lotta cheese.

I should have been more clear, our 15 was only 36k new after trade and cash. There was 10k to make up after all that. It was paid off in six months. We went a year later and got a tri white 2016 sport and wrote a check for the difference. Then we had issues with getting pulled over because a drug dealer had the same car and lived a block from the workplace ours was parked. After about 6 "whoopsie stops" by the local pd Tanya was like "im tiiiiired of getting pulled over cuz i have a drug dealer car" LOL

So the plan was to trade to a 17 platinum but contingent on the touch 4 being "better" and the ceramic leather. She hated the new touch and the ceramic leather. I was bummed we didnt get a magnetic 17 sport. The platyy was a next best. She didnt like it so she traded for a new 16 xlt in magnetic. I dont care for it so much but its not mine to drive. Well, much anyway.

So we dont actually have any car payments. Just 2600 in medical *blows brains out with 44 mag*

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Darn. Lotta cheese.

I should have been more clear, our 15 was only 36k new after trade and cash. There was 10k to make up after all that. It was paid off in six months. We went a year later and got a tri white 2016 sport and wrote a check for the difference. Then we had issues with getting pulled over because a drug dealer had the same car and lived a block from the workplace ours was parked. After about 6 "whoopsie stops" by the local pd Tanya was like "im tiiiiired of getting pulled over cuz i have a drug dealer car" LOL

So the plan was to trade to a 17 platinum but contingent on the touch 4 being "better" and the ceramic leather. She hated the new touch and the ceramic leather. I was bummed we didnt get a magnetic 17 sport. The platyy was a next best. She didnt like it so she traded for a new 16 xlt in magnetic. I dont care for it so much but its not mine to drive. Well, much anyway.

So we dont actually have any car payments. Just 2600 in medical *blows brains out with 44 mag*
OUCH!!!! $2,600 in medical is ALL of my vehicle payments wrapped up into one (almost. I got a 2014 Street Glide that is $500 a month... LOL Thats the longest payment I have, but, there was an incentive to spreading those payments out for 6 years, 11% APR became 5% for 72 months, so, I make extra payments when I can.... But, with ZERO bucks rolling in this whole summer and fall.... ZERO extra payments.... Kinda pissy about that...

zilla68

Reaction score
OUCH!!!! $2,600 in medical is ALL of my vehicle payments wrapped up into one (almost. I got a 2014 Street Glide that is $500 a month... LOL Thats the longest payment I have, but, there was an incentive to spreading those payments out for 6 years, 11% APR became 5% for 72 months, so, I make extra payments when I can.... But, with ZERO bucks rolling in this whole summer and fall.... ZERO extra payments.... Kinda pissy about that...

do you not have loss of use insurance? or some type of insurance so if you can't work, you have something coming in?

TyCorr

Reaction score

Have a kid that faints. At one point we were paying for three ambulance rides per week. Which actually equal two per incident because the one town stops and makes the hospital pick them up at a certain point. Tests, drs, etc. Still not a single helpful.answer. The school is getting involved now and have caught three of the spells on tape in the hope that taking a copy to a dr will help solve the issue. Im ready to go to Mayos and everyine else is diddlin' around with referrals for local dr's.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
do you not have loss of use insurance? or some type of insurance so if you can't work, you have something coming in?

Short answer, NO... lol I dont carry that extra insurance, because I make more money than I need to survive. The money from the shipping company, is used to fund my addiction to going fast... LOL Turbos, transmissions, etc...

Long answer... I am medically retired from the military, do to IED taking off both of my feet. So, I make over $7,000 a month, take home. PLUS money from the shipping company. But, I only run part time, so the extra money for "out of work" insurance, actually cost more than my cargo ins, etc. I figured that if I fvck my truck up, i'd pay for it, and it would only be down for a short period... Problem is, that I didn't fvck it up, they did, and I was hoping that they would have already taken care of this problem... So, now I am kinda screwed... Dont get me wrong, I am still getting bills paid, and eating just fine. And if this was my fault, I would have just put the repairs on a credit card, and sucked it up. But now we are getting into some serious dollars, and, on principal, I am waiting them out, until this is done to my satisfaction...

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Have a kid that faints. At one point we were paying for three ambulance rides per week. Which actually equal two per incident because the one town stops and makes the hospital pick them up at a certain point. Tests, drs, etc. Still not a single helpful.answer. The school is getting involved now and have caught three of the spells on tape in the hope that taking a copy to a dr will help solve the issue. Im ready to go to Mayos and everyine else is diddlin' around with referrals for local dr's.

Ouch... That would take a serious toll on my lifestyle. Hats off to ya for keeping sane, honestly. One good thing about my retirement, is that my healthcare, is covered, for life...

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ouch... That would take a serious toll on my lifestyle. Hats off to ya for keeping sane, honestly. One good thing about my retirement, is that my healthcare, is covered, for life...

You should be taken care of for life. And well i might add.

Sane? Yea, i fool people into thinking im holding it together but i have my moments. I try to keep it positive. Like go leg press 1k lbs versus trying to drink 100 beers. I gotta watch the drinking with all thats going on. The stuff im surpressing to keep everyone else happy comes oozing out and its bad lol. So i go to the gym and try to leave it all there. Im about at my wits end though. Its been quiet for six months and now the last three weeks its back with a vengeance. We had a climax yesterday. Meeting at the school. I didnt know they were going to show a video. They caught three of her episodes on camera. I ***kin lost it. It was the scariest damn thing ive ever seen watching a 100lb 11 year old hit the deck and turn white....then when its over the clutching in the fetal position and writhing in fear and pain. It was awful, scary, and humbling all at once. Thats all still a bit raw...im trying to process.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
What happened with this truck. Saw you might be buying Morgan's' loaded '17 Platinum.

Finally got a heads up from the ins company that represents the body shop. Numbers were discussed, and they are 99% going to cover new (used) engine, install, related hardware and fluids, plus the $2,400 bill racked up at Ford Truck Center.... So, I am expecting a 15-16 k check, as discussed, and will begin further diagnosis in January. In the meanwhile, money has to be made, and I hate canceling work, so I am trading in my 2014 Explorer Sport for Morgans F-350, most likely this weekend. This only took 6 fvcking months... LOL

Once repair/running order has been restored to my 2013, I will either sell it as is with twin turbos and all, or return to stock, and sell for payoff, and part out my bolt on goodies that I don't transfer over to the 2017.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.