Bolt ons with stock head bolts

cjkenolio

Reaction score
I have a bone stock 6.0 2wd and I wanted to know what good bolt ons with good added power I can put on my truck can anyone point me in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cjkenolio

Reaction score
It is a 06 I plan on doing studs but not right away

TBagAMouseTrap

Reaction score
I would remove exhaust cooler, install new oil cooler/flush coolant, stc, clean the turbo. Then get custom non-studded tunes. The factory air filter is a good filter for stock and slightly modded 6.0s imo. Wait to replace the exhaust for when the cab comes off for studs, I have never installed a down pipe with cab on so it may be easier than I lead myself to think.

patricku47

Reaction score
I would remove exhaust cooler, install new oil cooler/flush coolant, stc, clean the turbo. Then get custom non-studded tunes. The factory air filter is a good filter for stock and slightly modded 6.0s imo. Wait to replace the exhaust for when the cab comes off for studs, I have never installed a down pipe with cab on so it may be easier than I lead myself to think.

The down pipe isn't terrible with the cab on.

OP, I would start with a coolant filter, "fix" the EGR, blue spring, exhaust and a tune from Matt.

JMart

Reaction score
The down pipe isn't terrible with the cab on.

OP, I would start with a coolant filter, "fix" the EGR, blue spring, exhaust and a tune from Matt.

Its pretty easy if its a two piece down pipe.

I ran my 6.0 for two years without studs with an AFE intake,blue spring upgrade, EGR deelete, 4" turbo back exhaust, powermax, and custom tunes on an SCT from Total Diesel Performance aka Tony Wildman.

Dweisman429

Reaction score
Down pipe should be no problem with the cab on. I have a 4" one piece down pipe. Didnt have any issues putting it on with the cab in place.
However, i have a buddy with a lift. If you were doing it on the ground it could be a different story.

Strokethis213

Reaction score
Coolant filter, exhaust, egr ****** or "fix", Sct custom tunes,gauges

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Its pretty easy if its a two piece down pipe.

I ran my 6.0 for two years without studs with an AFE intake,blue spring upgrade, EGR deelete, 4" turbo back exhaust, powermax, and custom tunes on an SCT from Total Diesel Performance aka Tony Wildman.

I did this for a few months, but stock intake, egr in tact and GH tunes(and a few months on studded tunes). No issues, from my brief experience, but this backs up the point that it's a viable setup.

I don't know if OP tows or if JMart does, but I never did fwiw.

Kedstrokin

Reaction score
Like others said DP isn't a problem mine was 2 piece 4" to 5" exhaust. Then I did Egr ******, new oil cooler, coolant filter , ELC coolant, pyro, GH tunes. I run mine on the none studded SRL. Oh forgot and blue spring mod stock intake.

Latest posts

Members online