boost issue

Stroker f-250

Reaction score
i know there are alot of threads about wicked wheel and how they compare to the stock compressor wheel and what stock turbo boost numbers should be depending on mods. but i couldnt find one on this. i had my stock compressor wheel in my stock turbo and i could floor it empty going up this hill and see 19 psi boost. since i put my WW in and i can go up the same hill empty again and floor it and the highest i see is 14 maybe 15 psi boost. was wondering if this was normal

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
You should be seeing much more than that if tuned... You must have a boost leak.. Did you get the o ring back in the end of the compressor housing?

Stroker f-250

Reaction score
yes i got the o ring in ok.they say the wicked wheel helps with surge thats why i got it is because my stock one would surge.well it doesnt surge no more ill give it that but i didnt think id loose boost pressure

TARM

Reaction score
Maybe the waste gate need to be adjusted. IF its too loose it could be leaking a good bit.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
FWIW the WW will flow less air then the stock one, hence why it helps surge... But, these guys are right, you should see closer to 22-25 in a hotter tune. Did the spyder and the IC pipes all go back properly ?

Stroker f-250

Reaction score
FWIW the WW will flow less air then the stock one, hence why it helps surge... But, these guys are right, you should see closer to 22-25 in a hotter tune. Did the spyder and the IC pipes all go back properly ?

thats what i was thinking. but yes i cleaned the spyder and it went back on good and the ic clamps are tight.

neverkickn

Reaction score
Im assuming you pulled the charger off the truck to install the wheel. Are you sure you got the collector hooked back up to the turbine housing good and tight? A drive pressure leak can cause low boost too.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Im assuming you pulled the charger off the truck to install the wheel. Are you sure you got the collector hooked back up to the turbine housing good and tight? A drive pressure leak can cause low boost too.

When this happens, you will definitely know it. You will hear a super loud hiss under the hood. Been there, done that LOL

Stroker f-250

Reaction score
I started just to pull just the compressor side but I went ahead and pulled the whole thing out. I'm pretty sure I got everything good and tight but I'm goin to double check compressor side bolts..the only thing that I know is different is I broke the EBPV plug trying to get turbo off the pedestal :doh:

Stroker f-250

Reaction score
Well I guess it runs good for what it is but this is the turbo that came on the pickup and it has like 330,000 miles on it so could it be a little wore out?

Stroker f-250

Reaction score
here is a vid of the guage flooring it up hill

th_IMG_2316.jpg

Latest posts

Members online