boost squeal??

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
hey guys, got a 06 with a II 62/70. when the truck came in it needed some injector work and a new intake. had a k&n on it and would suck the filter minder in on it if you got into the throttle at all. did the injector work and put a afe stage 2 intake on...now the truck has a squeal at exactly 21lbs of boost...at first it almost sounds like something electronic is beeping but it increases and pitch changes as boost level increases. it has new up-pipes.will the wastegate squeal on these turbos? I assume the noise or problem has always been there but the k&n was choking it down enough to hide the noise...any ideas? new intercooler boots and a mishimoto intercooler as well.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Sounds to me like something probably isnt either lined up right and/or not tightened down with the new up-pipes.

dzldoctor

Reaction score
I had a STC fitting do a similar thing. I could have swore the turbo was on the way out??? That sucked to figure out. Not saying thats it.

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
no, I haven't tested the intercooler yet. that was my next step, it's only about a year old though...gonna look at the boost gauge and sensor line too. its an older gauge so it could be something there.

dzldoctor

Reaction score
Found that pic somewhere and had to use it. About as nice as I have ever seen. Sorry of the derail.....

Latest posts

Members online