boosts numbers matts tunes

David N

Reaction score
that's a lot of boost.... the happy spot on a 38r is about 35 psi.

Really?

Ive always wanted to actually set up my wastegate but I have no idea how to .

But you're saying its pointless to run any more boost past 35? As in no more power?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
how soon are you pegging it? how hot does it get? in your op you said your only getting 32lbs. have you checked for leaks? that will create hotter egts also.

live life full throttle

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Mike, I'm excited to see what yours does. Mine should be right near what yours does, except my 80% nozzles are going to hurt my power compared to yours.
I have see 40+ psi once with my 366 and that's when I blew the boot. Matt's tunes are awesome and the fact he hasn't let my pmrs pop out to say hello with what I'm running and how I drive I have to say the man is a genius.

mudwizer

Reaction score
My truck is right where i want it.It took me two years to get it and a hole lot of $.The tunes just toped it off.

OSCS

Reaction score
My truck is right where i want it.It took me two years to get it and a hole lot of $.The tunes just toped it off.

Right there with you, mine is perfect now. Your egts where pegged Becuase David was tunning your truck, not becuase your 38r was over boosting. My 366 was in its map, flows more too and it still pegged it immediately. Matt's tunes are what made the difference. As much as I'd like to go bigger I think I'm going to just leave it like it is. It drives amazing now

Last edited:

OSCS

Reaction score
Mike, I'm excited to see what yours does. Mine should be right near what yours does, except my 80% nozzles are going to hurt my power compared to yours.
I have see 40+ psi once with my 366 and that's when I blew the boot. Matt's tunes are awesome and the fact he hasn't let my pmrs pop out to say hello with what I'm running and how I drive I have to say the man is a genius.

Agreed, well see on Saturday! :evil

02BigD

Reaction score
Another nice aspect of Matt's tunes, is you can run around all the time, even in the rain, in the big tune and not be white knuckled.

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
I cant get mine past 30psi on all tunes. I havent touched the waste gate yet. I got the 38R from clay and he told me he had set the waste gate. How much air pressure has to be applied to achieve this 45 degree anlge .

Gearhead

Reaction score
I cant get mine past 30psi on all tunes. I havent touched the waste gate yet. I got the 38R from clay and he told me he had set the waste gate. How much air pressure has to be applied to achieve this 45 degree anlge .

not much air pressure is needed. maybe 20 psi or so... it will fully apply the wastegate at some point and it won't move any more with more pressure.

Tncoalroller88

Reaction score
i just set mine up like matt said. easiest way for me was to remove the little bastard c clip remove the rod from the wastegate then eyeball about where halfway open is or maybe just a lil closer to the closed side then hit the wastegate with the air. if the rod on the actuator pops out farther than the wastegate lever then just screw the actuator down till it comes close to the lever when fully extended. then just slam the rod onto the lever n see what she does. i hit bout 35-37 now where i was only at 30 with the wastegate adjusted as it came from garrett. hope this helps

Latest posts

Members online