Borg warner chargers

paulbunion65

Reaction score
What do you think of the borg warner billet chargers? Thinking of a s368, but why are they so cheap? Are they **** or what?

zshier17

Reaction score
They're not VGT's lol. So they're less expensive to make. That would be my guess. And if you follow some of the threads, you'll find out quick that Borg Warner are NOT crap lol

paulbunion65

Reaction score
Well thats good to know. As far as it being none vgt, any worries there? What do you do with the vgt plug in on the truck when running a non vgt charger?

08Monster

Reaction score
Leave it sit there. Lol thats what I did when I went with my single turbo on my 6.4. Non-vgt is sweet. Way less moving parts, less failure prone.

JGman141

Reaction score
I don't have anything plugged in for mine, your tuner should be able to basically turn it off

paulbunion65

Reaction score
I am urrently piecing together the components for my build (as funds allow) currently building a DIY regulated return. Then the rest of the fuel system. What are the specs on your non vgt kit?

Jeremy @ No Limit

Reaction score
Matt doesn't just have one kit that he offers. There are tons of non-vgt options. What you have to do is tell him what your goals are, what injectors you're going to run, etc. Then he will spec you the proper turbo for that application

paulbunion65

Reaction score
I understand that...was just going based off hus statement of "I have a bolt in non vgt kit"
That being said. I will be running 205/75 hybrids. Havent picked anyone in particular tonbuild tunes yet. But my goal is a 600+ dd.

Jeremy @ No Limit

Reaction score
Do you plan to tow at all? If so, how much? I'm pretty sure no one makes hybrids that small, because there is no point. Hybrids usually start at about 255cc and up. I ran a billet 366 with 205/75 conventionals. It was a great combo for low 600hp. Never towed but I imagine it could tow a little. Just have to keep an eye on the egt's

paulbunion65

Reaction score
That makes sense. I have found a few out there but it was very hard to track them down. Thank you for the info. It will tow some. Not often and will probably never see over 7,000 lbs

JGman141

Reaction score
I'd say go for the 364.5 FMW, should spool easy and flow about the same as a 366

Latest posts

Members online