Bosch 44 pump

ytee

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with a Bosch 44 pump? I am wondering if it is enough fuel for 238/100's? Also if it will supply enough fuel will it live pulling through the stock selector valve?
Thanks,
Chris

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
In my discussions with Bosch, they ask for a MINIMUM of 1/2" line on the suction side of that pump. Using it with the stock selector valve isn't recommended if you follow their specs...as it will make the pump work harder and may prematurely kill the pump.

I'm not aware of a pump that is small enough to pull through the selector valve without the restriction putting too much stress on it and still large enough for performance injectors...and that's rated for diesel fuel and reliable. That's a pretty tall order.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
plum 2 selector vales in parallel.. i used the nominal measurement as the ID

3/8" line (stock) = .4415 in^2........x2........ .8831in^2

1/2" line = .785in^2

5/8" line = 1.22in^2

so 2 3/8" lines outflow a 1/2, but not a 5/8

DZL JIM

Reaction score
In my discussions with Bosch, they ask for a MINIMUM of 1/2" line on the suction side of that pump. Using it with the stock selector valve isn't recommended if you follow their specs...as it will make the pump work harder and may prematurely kill the pump.

I'm not aware of a pump that is small enough to pull through the selector valve without the restriction putting too much stress on it and still large enough for performance injectors...and that's rated for diesel fuel and reliable. That's a pretty tall order.

Agreed.
We use 5/8" pick up in tank, -10 lines to filter, then -10 lines to inlet of 044. No less if you want a reliable system.

Latest posts

Members online