Bought a new project..check er out..

Nic

Reaction score
Picked it up for 500 bucks. Doesnt have the motor, front bumper, passenger headlight, driveshaft or seats but everything else is still there. All the steering, coolers, and transmission etc...NEED A MOTOR! Not sure if we want to build a 6.0 or a 6.4 if we can find a wrecked one..what would yall suggest??

project.jpg

Nic

Reaction score
6L ALL THE WAY

well, Shawn, tell me what i can do with 10k. You know about racing them I know..Would like a little input from MPD, Elite and others too and i know they have a 6.0 but as far as lets say 800hp..for passes down the track and street driving, whats the maintenance levels on the 6.0 vs the 6.4 with the identical HP range. Teardowns etc..

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
In all honesty, 10k is a small budget to go fast. A good trans build is gonna be at least 6k, Theres more than half the budget.

6.4 is going to be easier to make power, but in my opinion is going to be more expensive parts wise.

Its really a toss up, what are your goals?

Nic

Reaction score
well i didnt detail my 10k..the transmission i know is a must but that will be last according to how it turns out. We have 10 to do on the motor. Were doing all of it ourselves so no labor costs. All parts. I dont wish to get it above 700hp...i dont think. I know this will require an upgraded oil supply so its going to get expensive, but thats what we have to start with. From what i understand to get a 6.0 to run 10s is about a 30k build...were keeping it 2wd so we plan on having the axle shortened from a local and all the necessary supporting mods to handle the power. But I guess my main concern is the bottom end. What has to be done to the 6l to make it handle 700hp close to flawlessly (probably over stating that)

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
Start off small, find an engine, stud it and get it running down the track. Maybe throw some injectors in it while it's out. You'd be surprised what decent size injectors will do with some spray on all stock parts.

Nic

Reaction score
^^ i agree but if we can build it ground up, theres less of a chance of a stock part failing and then having to dig. Plans are to build it and go all out without injectors and turbo yet..everything from bottom up. port polish, any oil/fuel mods, intake mods etc etc...we'll then go with injectors and turbo after its complete and match it to what we have and what we expect i suppose.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
with a truck that light, the stock parts will take you into the 11's easily i'd think and still be able to drive it around on the street. mid to upper 600's (which is easy with spray) and you'll have a fast truck.

Latest posts

Members online