Bought a new project..check er out..

madman1234509

Reaction score
go drive a modded 6.0, then drive a modded 6.4.... then tell me what you think. If youre looking to go fast, get fuel, a big single , the basic head studs egr delete ( which youd do on a 6.0 anyway). Look at what kind of power craig@mpd made with fuel and an S475... Just saying. Those 6.0 guys think a 6.0 motor would scream in that small truck, what do they expect a 6.4 to do. The 6.4 motor is light years ahead of a 6.0 motor just because of the common rail alone.

Nic

Reaction score
^^ thats what i was thinking..but its just hard to find a 6.4 for cheap. I wish i could find one. Because like youre saying, modded to modded, 2 different animals. And id like to step away from the hpo sh*t..but i guess we'll see

MINK

Reaction score
^^ thats what i was thinking..but its just hard to find a 6.4 for cheap. I wish i could find one. Because like youre saying, modded to modded, 2 different animals. And id like to step away from the hpo sh*t..but i guess we'll see

Hell you would be miles ahead just putting a stock 6.4 in with a tune LOL

Nic

Reaction score
well if i can find one for cheap, ill consider it but theyre NOT easy to find for a good price...we can find 6.0s all day..yall find a wrecked 6.4, let me know!

mortal798

Reaction score
I sold a brand new one last summer for $3300. And that was the most I could get for it,I was originally asking $7500. Complete with injectors, egr coolers, etc... Just no turbos.

madman1234509

Reaction score
You wont regret it.... Even if you have to sacrifice building as much as you want to spend a little extra $$ on the motor. Just look at how much work youd have to do to a 6.0 just to get caught up to tuner/intake/exhaust. Plus you throw a single or compound setup on it and you can get mid 600hp range on stock fuel

No matter what youre going to need some head studs and get rid of the egr coolers. I wouldnt worry about a waste gate untill you add a hpfp and injector tips

lubeowner

Reaction score
To put a 6.4 into a 6.0 truck you will have to find a donar truck for all the wiring harnesses. You have to change the dash to the 6.4 dash, the body computer, the tcm, the abs computer, almost every wire on the truck will have to be changed. Each computer is vin locked so they all have to come from the same truck and match. So I would suggest not looking for a 6.4 motor but finding a totaled truck so you have all the harnesses. Or you have to find someone who can reprogram all the computer vins to match, many times the local dealer can not figure this step out.

If you really want to do a 6.4 I would suggest putting a 6.0 into this truck and selling it. Then taking that money and buying a 6.4 truck.

Latest posts

Members online