BOV Install Tips

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Well it looks like rudys CAC pipe is way off. Its longer then my precious aftermarket CAC pipe and the bov flange woud put the bov where the battery is. Not to happy, but luckly i have my other CAC pipe still and i have the other flange that i can weld on to the pipe.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
which wire did you use to tap into for swithced power? and im guessing the white and blue wire thats easiest to see is the wire you tap into for apps/tps?

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Anyone know why the BOV doesnt open under boost? ive played with the settings and im getting nothing. Finally trying to get the truck back to the point of driving it after the several things that have gone wrong. Also what are the shims used for that come with it?

pog

Reaction score
bov will only open from the setting of the tps. so whatever sensitivty level you have it set at thats when it will open. it tells you in the book why the shims are sent, i forget why, but i know we didnt use them on mine.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Well I pulled the bov off and it looks like the o ring broke. I'm guessing it's from over torquing it. I'm hoping that's why the valve wasn't opening. Now I have to figure out how to get a new o ring

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Im hoping so, i left a message for Kam at BD. so hopefully he can get me one or at least give me an idea of where to find one. Tial would be my second guess of where to find one. And after talking to Kam earlier its possible i might have a bad actuator.

Latest posts

Members online